How to remove MSN Gaming Zone?

In Control Panel " Add or Delete Programs," they don't show up,
but in the directory

C:\Programs Files

are the folders

MSN and MSN Gaming Zone.

Every time I delete them, they show up again.
They're like relatives. How can I delete them
permanently?

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Add/Remove Windows Components icon and see if they are listed there. If so,
uncheck their box(es).

"A. Smith" <ecarecar@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> In Control Panel " Add or Delete Programs," they don't show up,
> but in the directory
>
> C:\Programs Files
>
> are the folders
>
> MSN and MSN Gaming Zone.
>
> Every time I delete them, they show up again.
> They're like relatives. How can I delete them
> permanently?

bill

I have never been to the Add/Remove Windows Component before. I see Internet
Information Services is unchecked on my system. Should I check it and what
type of service is offered?
Bill
--
b.l.

"Jerry" wrote:

> Add/Remove Windows Components icon and see if they are listed there. If so,
> uncheck their box(es).
>
> "A. Smith" <ecarecar@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > In Control Panel " Add or Delete Programs," they don't show up,
> > but in the directory
> >
> > C:\Programs Files
> >
> > are the folders
> >
> > MSN and MSN Gaming Zone.
> >
> > Every time I delete them, they show up again.
> > They're like relatives. How can I delete them
> > permanently?

Very Good!

I had to actually READ what you wrote, but after that,
they all went away.

Jerry wrote:
> Add/Remove Windows Components icon and see if they are listed there. If so,
> uncheck their box(es).
>
> "A. Smith" <ecarecar@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>In Control Panel " Add or Delete Programs," they don't show up,
>>but in the directory
>>
>>C:\Programs Files
>>
>>are the folders
>>
>>MSN and MSN Gaming Zone.
>>
>>Every time I delete them, they show up again.
>>They're like relatives. How can I delete them
>>permanently?

Type Internet Information Services in the Search box in Help and Support.

How To Add or Remove a Windows Component in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307894

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:9F27A1AA-B384-4E43-A2DA-7FB89D826807@microsoft.com,
bill <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I have never been to the Add/Remove Windows Component before. I see
> Internet Information Services is unchecked on my system. Should I check
> it and what type of service is offered?
> Bill
> --
> b.l.
>

> "Jerry" wrote:

>> the Add/Remove Windows Components icon and see if they are listed there.
>> If so, uncheck their box(es).
>>
>> "A. Smith" <ecarecar@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> In Control Panel " Add or Delete Programs," they don't show up,
>>> but in the directory
>>>
>>> C:\Programs Files
>>>
>>> are the folders
>>>
>>> MSN and MSN Gaming Zone.
>>>
>>> Every time I delete them, they show up again.
>>> They're like relatives. How can I delete them
>>> permanently?

> Add/Remove Windows Components icon and see if they are listed there. If so,
> uncheck their box(es).

More complete:

1. Go to Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs
2. Click on the Add/Remove Windows Components icon
3. Select Accessories
4. click Details button
5. Uncheck the Games box
6. Hit OK (or Done or whatever)