Video playback (mpeg) freezes in WMP 10.0

I have many home-made mpeg video, without any playback troubles. All of a
sudden, the video of about half of my mpeg video files would
freeze (or play in VERY slow motion) during playback on Win Media Player 10
(and other players I tried).

The problem is persistent on the same files. Other video file types (.avi,
mpg1) play just fine. I can't find any pattern (size etc) on the files that
have the playback problem.

I have Win XP Home SP2, with the following mpg decoders installed:
- Adobe (MainConcept) MPEG Video Decoder
- Nero Video Decoder
- Nero DVD Decoder

Thanks!

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Try to see if there's any patches for your Windows media player 10 (Windows
Update)

"SLA_personal" wrote:

> I have many home-made mpeg video, without any playback troubles. All of a
> sudden, the video of about half of my mpeg video files would
> freeze (or play in VERY slow motion) during playback on Win Media Player 10
> (and other players I tried).
>
> The problem is persistent on the same files. Other video file types (.avi,
> mpg1) play just fine. I can't find any pattern (size etc) on the files that
> have the playback problem.
>
> I have Win XP Home SP2, with the following mpg decoders installed:
> - Adobe (MainConcept) MPEG Video Decoder
> - Nero Video Decoder
> - Nero DVD Decoder
>
> Thanks!

I had a problem like you have (not the same) and resolved it by disabling
hardware 3D aceleration in my graphic adapter.