Video playback (mpeg) freezes in WMP 10.0

I have many home-made mpeg video, without any playback troubles. All of a
sudden, the video of about half of my mpeg video files would
freeze (or play in VERY slow motion) during playback on Win Media Player 10
(and other players I tried).

The problem is persistent on the same files. Other video file types (.avi,
mpg1) play just fine. I can't find any pattern (size etc) on the files that
have the playback problem.

I have Win XP Home SP2, with the following mpg decoders installed:
- Adobe (MainConcept) MPEG Video Decoder
- Nero Video Decoder
- Nero DVD Decoder

Thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about video playback mpeg freezes

    Try to see if there's any patches for your Windows media player 10 (Windows
    Update)

    "SLA_personal" wrote:

    > I have many home-made mpeg video, without any playback troubles. All of a
    > sudden, the video of about half of my mpeg video files would
    > freeze (or play in VERY slow motion) during playback on Win Media Player 10
    > (and other players I tried).
    >
    > The problem is persistent on the same files. Other video file types (.avi,
    > mpg1) play just fine. I can't find any pattern (size etc) on the files that
    > have the playback problem.
    >
    > I have Win XP Home SP2, with the following mpg decoders installed:
    > - Adobe (MainConcept) MPEG Video Decoder
    > - Nero Video Decoder
    > - Nero DVD Decoder
    >
    > Thanks!

    I had a problem like you have (not the same) and resolved it by disabling
    hardware 3D aceleration in my graphic adapter.

    "SLA_personal" wrote:

    > I have many home-made mpeg video, without any playback troubles. All of a
    > sudden, the video of about half of my mpeg video files would
    > freeze (or play in VERY slow motion) during playback on Win Media Player 10
    > (and other players I tried).
    >
    > The problem is persistent on the same files. Other video file types (.avi,
    > mpg1) play just fine. I can't find any pattern (size etc) on the files that
    > have the playback problem.
    >
    > I have Win XP Home SP2, with the following mpg decoders installed:
    > - Adobe (MainConcept) MPEG Video Decoder
    > - Nero Video Decoder
    > - Nero DVD Decoder
    >
    > Thanks!

MPEG Video Windows XP