Johnny Mnemonic Spinner Reproduction - Infomation Needed

Does anyone know the diameter of the spinner from Johnny Mnemonic ??
Could someone provide me with a pic ? I am looking to reproduce this
item as I know it is in high demand.

Also, please let me know who is interested. Thanks,

David Eisner
10 answers Last reply
More about johnny mnemonic spinner reproduction infomation needed

    In article <amtvc117u5insvqkr76iqb03i21s55lagu@4ax.com>,
    Eisner <davideis@telus.net> wrote:

    > Does anyone know the diameter of the spinner from Johnny Mnemonic ??
    > Could someone provide me with a pic ? I am looking to reproduce this
    > item as I know it is in high demand.
    >
    > Also, please let me know who is interested. Thanks,
    >
    > David Eisner

    Here's the artwork if that helps... usually they are scaled to correct
    size already.

    http://www.ballsofsteel.net/?id=3683

    Cheers
    MacMan

    good, but dont charge an arm and a leg for them. help the pin heads,
    dont rape em!
    or............ figure out a "gas" reproduction so we all can save at
    the pump..........:)
    then charge what you need for the jm spinner.

    If you knew David Eisner you would know he has only been a tremendous
    help to this hobby. Google before making assumptions or suggestions,
    please :)

    --
    Cliffy - CARGPB2
    A passion for pinball!

    This why I try to take my ideas for items that the pinball community
    can use. I want to help and share the wealth. I really do not make
    much money off of what I make. Let put it this way, I will not be
    retiring any time soon or quite my day job for that matter.
    If someone can help me with the spinner specs, and it goes to
    production, I will give you a free spinner assembly. I just need the
    info so someone please help !!.
    Thanks btw) Cliffy. I was the first who started making insert decals.
    They were not the best, but atleast I tried and with a lot of support
    including yourself, I was able to make several sets for various games
    and in doing...I think that I helped several people.
    Classic-Arcades has since taken over this market and is doing a better
    job in regards to making the decals, with good quality, for a lesser
    cost that I could.

    David...

    Cliffy wrote:
    > If you knew David Eisner you would know he has only been a tremendous
    > help to this hobby. Google before making assumptions or suggestions,
    > please :)
    >
    > i'm happy-talky-talking tina, here's your extra ball wrote:
    > > good, but dont charge an arm and a leg for them. help the pin heads,
    > > dont rape em!
    > > or............ figure out a "gas" reproduction so we all can save at
    > > the pump..........:)
    > > then charge what you need for the jm spinner.
    > >

    > --
    > Cliffy - CARGPB2
    > A passion for pinball!
    > http://www.passionforpinball.com

    Here is the information I need to proceed. Please help.

    1) diameter of the circle spinner
    2) total thickness of the spinner
    3) the distance from the bottom of the spinner to where the wire goes
    through the spinner.

    Please help me, anyone who has a JM with this spinner on their game.

    David...

    On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 19:46:13 GMT, MacMan
    <funster@ahtbigpond.dohtnet.au> wrote:

    >In article <amtvc117u5insvqkr76iqb03i21s55lagu@4ax.com>,
    > Eisner <davideis@telus.net> wrote:
    >
    >> Does anyone know the diameter of the spinner from Johnny Mnemonic ??
    >> Could someone provide me with a pic ? I am looking to reproduce this
    >> item as I know it is in high demand.
    >>
    >> Also, please let me know who is interested. Thanks,
    >>
    >> David Eisner
    >
    >Here's the artwork if that helps... usually they are scaled to correct
    >size already.
    >
    >http://www.ballsofsteel.net/?id=3683
    >
    >Cheers
    >MacMan

    Well, it appears that I will not be making this unit after contacting
    Mr.Pinball.Australia. It would be not worth while making a lot of
    these only to have things stopped after all the effort, thus why I
    contacted him first... He mentioned these and other parts will become
    avaliable in the future.

    David...

    davideis@telus.net wrote:
    > This why I try to take my ideas for items that the pinball community
    > can use. I want to help and share the wealth. I really do not make
    > much money off of what I make. Let put it this way, I will not be
    > retiring any time soon or quite my day job for that matter.
    > If someone can help me with the spinner specs, and it goes to
    > production, I will give you a free spinner assembly. I just need the
    > info so someone please help !!.
    > Thanks btw) Cliffy. I was the first who started making insert decals.
    > They were not the best, but atleast I tried and with a lot of support
    > including yourself, I was able to make several sets for various games
    > and in doing...I think that I helped several people.
    > Classic-Arcades has since taken over this market and is doing a better
    > job in regards to making the decals, with good quality, for a lesser
    > cost that I could.
    >
    > David...
    >

    > Cliffy wrote:
    > > If you knew David Eisner you would know he has only been a tremendous
    > > help to this hobby. Google before making assumptions or suggestions,
    > > please :)
    > >
    > > i'm happy-talky-talking tina, here's your extra ball wrote:
    > > > good, but dont charge an arm and a leg for them. help the pin heads,
    > > > dont rape em!
    > > > or............ figure out a "gas" reproduction so we all can save at
    > > > the pump..........:)
    > > > then charge what you need for the jm spinner.
    > > >

    > > --
    > > Cliffy - CARGPB2
    > > A passion for pinball!
    > > http://www.passionforpinball.com

    I stand corrected. I will attempt to make this after all. There are
    just a few issues I have to work out.

    David...

    On 10 Jul 2005 19:27:28 -0700, davideis@telus.net wrote:

    >Well, it appears that I will not be making this unit after contacting
    >Mr.Pinball.Australia. It would be not worth while making a lot of
    >these only to have things stopped after all the effort, thus why I
    >contacted him first... He mentioned these and other parts will become
    >avaliable in the future.
    >
    >David...
    >

    >davideis@telus.net wrote:
    >> This why I try to take my ideas for items that the pinball community
    >> can use. I want to help and share the wealth. I really do not make
    >> much money off of what I make. Let put it this way, I will not be
    >> retiring any time soon or quite my day job for that matter.
    >> If someone can help me with the spinner specs, and it goes to
    >> production, I will give you a free spinner assembly. I just need the
    >> info so someone please help !!.
    >> Thanks btw) Cliffy. I was the first who started making insert decals.
    >> They were not the best, but atleast I tried and with a lot of support
    >> including yourself, I was able to make several sets for various games
    >> and in doing...I think that I helped several people.
    >> Classic-Arcades has since taken over this market and is doing a better
    >> job in regards to making the decals, with good quality, for a lesser
    >> cost that I could.
    >>
    >> David...
    >>

    >> Cliffy wrote:
    >> > If you knew David Eisner you would know he has only been a tremendous
    >> > help to this hobby. Google before making assumptions or suggestions,
    >> > please :)

    >> > --
    >> > Cliffy - CARGPB2
    >> > A passion for pinball!
    >> > http://www.passionforpinball.com

    All measurements in millimetres cause that's how we do it down under.

    1. Diameter of the circle spinner is 38mm.
    2. Total thickness is approx. 5.5mm. It is made of 3 pieces of I'd say 1.5mm
    each. Add and extra 1mm on for "airgap" between the pieces and the decal
    thickness.
    3. On one side the wire enters in the middle ie 19mm. On the other side, it
    enters at about 12mm from the bottom edge.

    Hope this is helpful
    "Eisner" <davideis@telus.net> wrote in message
    > Here is the information I need to proceed. Please help.
    >
    > 1) diameter of the circle spinner
    > 2) total thickness of the spinner
    > 3) the distance from the bottom of the spinner to where the wire goes
    > through the spinner.
    >
    > Please help me, anyone who has a JM with this spinner on their game.
    >
    > David...
    >

    > On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 19:46:13 GMT, MacMan
    > <funster@ahtbigpond.dohtnet.au> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <amtvc117u5insvqkr76iqb03i21s55lagu@4ax.com>,
    >> Eisner <davideis@telus.net> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Does anyone know the diameter of the spinner from Johnny Mnemonic ??
    >>> Could someone provide me with a pic ? I am looking to reproduce this
    >>> item as I know it is in high demand.
    >>>
    >>> Also, please let me know who is interested. Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> David Eisner
    >>
    >>Here's the artwork if that helps... usually they are scaled to correct
    >>size already.
    >>
    >>http://www.ballsofsteel.net/?id=3683
    >>
    >>Cheers
    >>MacMan

    Thanks for the info. Concerning the measurement form, all I have to
    say is god save the queen !!

    David...

    On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:12:37 +1000, "SpamInACan" <spaminacan at
    internode dot on dot net> wrote:

    >All measurements in millimetres cause that's how we do it down under.
    >
    >1. Diameter of the circle spinner is 38mm.
    >2. Total thickness is approx. 5.5mm. It is made of 3 pieces of I'd say 1.5mm
    >each. Add and extra 1mm on for "airgap" between the pieces and the decal
    >thickness.
    >3. On one side the wire enters in the middle ie 19mm. On the other side, it
    >enters at about 12mm from the bottom edge.
    >
    >Hope this is helpful
    >"Eisner" <davideis@telus.net> wrote in message
    >> Here is the information I need to proceed. Please help.
    >>
    >> 1) diameter of the circle spinner
    >> 2) total thickness of the spinner
    >> 3) the distance from the bottom of the spinner to where the wire goes
    >> through the spinner.
    >>
    >> Please help me, anyone who has a JM with this spinner on their game.
    >>
    >> David...
    >>

    >> On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 19:46:13 GMT, MacMan
    >> <funster@ahtbigpond.dohtnet.au> wrote:

    >>>Here's the artwork if that helps... usually they are scaled to correct
    >>>size already.
    >>>
    >>>http://www.ballsofsteel.net/?id=3683
    >>>
    >>>Cheers
    >>>MacMan

    no time to google about people, i have a bizee life, wish i did have
    time to be nosey, but im not that type of person.
    and you just gave me the input about david anyhow so i learned about
    him quick:). it wasnt a direct "hit" at him anyhow, just an outloud
    comment because the one person making a repro of jm spinners charges
    almost $75 for the spinner and decal which is rediculous.
    and the gas thing was a commic relief point.
    you should google about me b4 thinking i am assumptuous person as well.
    BE WELL!

Games Video Games