Media player for digital photo frame

PackElend

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
Hi folks,
I hope that I'm right here. I'm looking for a basic media player to feed my custom made digital photo frame like here:#http://www.cnet.de/praxis/wochenend/39198273/digitaler+bilderrahmen+im+eigenbau+15+zoll+fuer+130+euro.htm (in German)
But the only devices I've hit so far a full of features I don't need and don't have what I want. They can a play *.avi and *.mpg and *.jpg but only a single picture. But what I want is a collage-function, because I don't want to see any image full-size on a 17" screen ad I have just too much pic's to show them one by one.
Maybe a wire(-less) function wouldn't be bad, in case getting a home/media server, but USB is enough for the moment.
Do you have any idea where I can find it?

cheers

stefan

PackElend

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
Hoi,
after long searching, I gotta say, there isn't any Media Player out there what meets my demands. Therefore it seems that is result in a server with appropriate software.
Since I wanted to buy a sever in the comings months anyway , I've got a reason now to do it straight away. The server got two tsks, it shell be used as a media sever and as a backup sever, what shouldn't be a big deal. In addition to the screen for the pictures I want to buy bigger one for professional pictures/paintings, just want to know how that looks like. And of course there's a big LCD in the livin area, which will be connected straight to the sever.
Because wireless solution a quite expensive for that purpose, I've got only the choice between Ethernet or VGA-via-USB (maybe active USB-Hub for the two screens),but haven't found that much about that, maybe some idea?
Another question is, if there are any silent server for that job on the market (I don't have a storage room or so), since it's running on load most of the time. But soon the first model with Atom+ION2 should be on the market, let's hope.

Or is that a hopeless endeavor?

thx

Stefan

TRENDING THREADS