Dell LS RAM question

luap

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2005

Where can I find the RAM in a Latitude LS? I have a 128mb and need to
upgrade. I read somewhere that 256 is the max - anyone confirm this.
Cheers,
Paul

"Luap" <luap@luap.co.uk> wrote in message
> Where can I find the RAM in a Latitude LS? I have a 128mb and need to
> upgrade. I read somewhere that 256 is the max - anyone confirm this.
> Cheers,
> Paul

While I can't locate an exploded view link online, I seem to recall that the
(single) DIMM isn't accessible w/o removing the keyboard. The RAM in that
system isn't generally considered an item to be upgraded, or in other words,
we were told that whatever RAM purchased with any of those units was
basically what you were stuck with. It may just be that it takes a bit of
skill to reach the socket and swap the 128 for a 256 SODIMM.

One socket, 256mb max capacity:
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/Systems/latls/en/ug/specs.htm#memory

Stew

256 M as a low-density PC100 or PC133 soDIMM (16 chips) - be careful -
most RAM is now high density. Figure on price as a guide - $100 or so
for a 256 LD; much less than that is high density.

www.crucial.com for exact-fit RAM.

You must remove the keyboard to access the (single) memory socket.