outlook express/mailwasher

August 21, 2005 12:22:09 PM

Has anyone had trouble with the free version of mailwasher?

Whilst mine still works OK,it wont transfer the selected emails
to outlook express as it always has.
Im not sure if the problem is with Mailwasher or Outlook express.

ANY advice would be appreciated.....................Ron
August 21, 2005 12:22:10 PM

"ron" <ron@lateron.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone had trouble with the free version of mailwasher?
>
> Whilst mine still works OK,it wont transfer the selected emails
> to outlook express as it always has.
> Im not sure if the problem is with Mailwasher or Outlook express.
>
> ANY advice would be appreciated.....................Ron

I have and occasionally use the free version of mailwasher and use OE but I
don't understand your problem. Mailwasher doesn't transfer anything, it get
your email headers from your email server and will do whatever you tell it
to do with those emails and that's it. OE gets it's mail from whatever
email server you configured it with and not from Mailwasher.
August 21, 2005 12:22:10 PM

In Tools/Options make sure there's a tick in "Launch email application
after processing". Also in "Specify" make sure it's OE in the text box.
--

Kenny Cargill

"ron" <ron@lateron.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone had trouble with the free version of mailwasher?
>
> Whilst mine still works OK,it wont transfer the selected emails
> to outlook express as it always has.
> Im not sure if the problem is with Mailwasher or Outlook express.
>
> ANY advice would be appreciated.....................Ron

August 21, 2005 12:26:05 PM

Hi,

here is your best bet !

Subscribe to the following newsgroup :

news://news.jumpingcholla.com and subscribe to the " Firetrust.MW-Beta "
group. Then post your question and someone from Firetrust will help you out
( it may takes a day or two to get an answer ). If you do so, please include
every detail like versions of Windows, Outlook, MailWasher and the problem
you have, etc.

Good luck.

Tom

"ron" <ron@lateron.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone had trouble with the free version of mailwasher?
>
> Whilst mine still works OK,it wont transfer the selected emails
> to outlook express as it always has.
> Im not sure if the problem is with Mailwasher or Outlook express.
>
> ANY advice would be appreciated.....................Ron

August 21, 2005 3:33:09 PM

Im useing XP Home OEM Kenny and dont have toat option.....Ron
August 21, 2005 3:43:26 PM

What Im saying is that Mailwasher see's the email but the only way I can get
the email is to close mailwasher and re-start Outlook Express.
Ive never had this problem before.
I realise Mailwasher is now NOT FREE so maybe they have
donbe something to stop us useing the Free program???...............R
August 21, 2005 3:43:27 PM

"ron" <ron@lateron.com> wrote in message
news:o WaE6GfpFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> What Im saying is that Mailwasher see's the email but the only way I can
> get the email is to close mailwasher and re-start Outlook Express.
> Ive never had this problem before.
> I realise Mailwasher is now NOT FREE so maybe they have
> donbe something to stop us useing the Free program???...............R

Well they haven't done anything to my free Mailwasher because I can keep it
running and bring up OE just fine.
August 21, 2005 3:43:27 PM

Also check Tools/Accounts that the POP settings etc. for your ISP are OK.

--

Kenny Cargill

"ron" <ron@lateron.com> wrote in message
news:o WaE6GfpFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> What Im saying is that Mailwasher see's the email but the only way I can
> get the email is to close mailwasher and re-start Outlook Express.
> Ive never had this problem before.
> I realise Mailwasher is now NOT FREE so maybe they have
> donbe something to stop us useing the Free program???...............R

Anonymous
August 21, 2005 3:43:27 PM

May do that if MW is re-checking your email at the time OE is attempting to
receive it as well. OE or even Outlook should not be doing a email
send/receive by simply opening the application. The user has to implement
send/receive in OE and Outlook.

!