Sign in with
Your question

How does multi monitor display work?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
May 11, 2010 8:04:40 AM

I currently have a 19" and am looking to get a 27" monitor. Is it possible to use the 27" to display my gaming while using the 19" to display the desktop at the same time? How would I switch from controlling the 27" displaying the game to the 19" displaying the desktop?

a c 193 C Monitor
May 11, 2010 5:21:55 PM

Yes. Your 27" monitor should be the primary monitor and the 19" monitor should be set to extended desktop.

To switch between the 27" and 19" monitors during gaming you need to press TAB and ALT at the same time. Some games don't like being "ALT TAB" and may stop responding when doing so.

You cannot play a game on one monitor and simultanously use the other monitor to do something else like surf the net.
May 11, 2010 5:41:34 PM

jaguarskx said:
Yes. Your 27" monitor should be the primary monitor and the 19" monitor should be set to extended desktop.

To switch between the 27" and 19" monitors during gaming you need to press TAB and ALT at the same time. Some games don't like being "ALT TAB" and may stop responding when doing so.

You cannot play a game on one monitor and simultanously use the other monitor to do something else like surf the net.

Aww okay I get it now. So it only extends the desktop and not give you say, two desktops?

Cool thanks for the info. Was a bit confused for awhile.

How about this? Can I watch movies on the 27" from windows media player on the 27" and then have the 19" on the side browsing the web? I say this because the movie player doesn't have to be in full screen mode. This way I'm technically still on windows desktop.
May 11, 2010 10:25:16 PM

I just answered my own question by setting up this second display. Yea i can watch movies on the 27" then use my 19" for browsing, instant messaging, temp monitors etc.
!