.wav file opens up sound recorder when clicked.

David

I am having some problems with a virgin install of Win XP and file
associations.
I have the .wav file set to open up and play with 'Cool Edit'
but the windows recorder opens up no matter what I do.
If I right click the .wav file, I get two options, Cool edit or media player
and
they open correctly.
Any ideas??

thanks
Dave

"David" <nosmo86@)hotmail.invalid> wrote in message
>I am having some problems with a virgin install of Win XP and file
>associations.
> I have the .wav file set to open up and play with 'Cool Edit'
> but the windows recorder opens up no matter what I do.
> If I right click the .wav file, I get two options, Cool edit or media
> player and
> they open correctly.
> Any ideas??

Have you changed the file association in explorer?

go to TOOLS and then FOLDER OPTIONS.
click on the FILE TYPES tab
click somewhere on one of the listed file types and he press the W key - or
you can just scroll down till you find the WAV extensions
When WAV Wave Audio is selected, click on the CHANGE button and if your
desired program is in the list select it and click the OK buttons till you
are out. If the program is not listed, you will have to browse to the
location on your hard drive.

David

> Have you changed the file association in explorer?
>
> go to TOOLS and then FOLDER OPTIONS.
> click on the FILE TYPES tab
> click somewhere on one of the listed file types and he press the W key -
> or you can just scroll down till you find the WAV extensions
> When WAV Wave Audio is selected, click on the CHANGE button and if your
> desired program is in the list select it and click the OK buttons till you
> are out. If the program is not listed, you will have to browse to the
> location on your hard drive.
Thanks BigK.
Tried that, and set the association to open with my choice of programs. Will
not stick.

Anyway I fixed it in the reg. I was very lucky as I did not know exactly
what I was doing, but I got it to stay.
Thanks for troubling to reply