Limt to video upgrade?

Hi,
I have a Dell Dimension 8100, 1.3 GHz processor that currently has 32 meg of
video. I'm consider upgrading to something like a Radeon 9200 (128 meg) or
similar; however, my system's AGP is at best a 4x at 1.5 V. Does this limit
me in my selection of graphics cards? If a card is listed as supporting 8x
AGP, would I be wasting my time and money buying such a card, since I won't
see that level of performance?
Also, if a card's interface is given as 128-bit, does that relate to the 32
bit maximum connector data width of the AGP? Or does the one have no
bearing on the other?
As you can see, I'm a noob at this, so any input would be helpful. Thanks!

Ray

hh

One nice thing about Radeon cards is their backwards compatibility. Most
work fine in even AGP 2X slots and both standard AGP slot voltages.
The 128-bit interface is internal on the card itself between the graphics
chip and graphics memory, so it has no bearing on the slot. I'd go for the
Radeon.
HH

"RayS" <no_chance@all> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have a Dell Dimension 8100, 1.3 GHz processor that currently has 32 meg
of
> video. I'm consider upgrading to something like a Radeon 9200 (128 meg)
or
> similar; however, my system's AGP is at best a 4x at 1.5 V. Does this
limit
> me in my selection of graphics cards? If a card is listed as supporting
8x
> AGP, would I be wasting my time and money buying such a card, since I
won't
> see that level of performance?
> Also, if a card's interface is given as 128-bit, does that relate to the
32
> bit maximum connector data width of the AGP? Or does the one have no
> bearing on the other?
> As you can see, I'm a noob at this, so any input would be helpful.
Thanks!

> Ray

Great! I had hoped this was the case, but it never hurts to ask. Thanks
for your input!

Look out, Ebay! :)

Ray