Inspiron 3000 CMOS Battery

Is it possible to replace the CMOS Battery in an Inspiron or do I have
to return the unit to Dell?

If it's possible where does the battery live, how do I get at it?

Thanks

In most cases, they're easy to replace, if not to get at.

See support.dell.com. Enter your service tag, choose Documentation,
Service Manual.

nospam wrote:
> Is it possible to replace the CMOS Battery in an Inspiron or do I have
> to return the unit to Dell?
>
> If it's possible where does the battery live, how do I get at it?
>
> Thanks

Thanks for the info.

I have found the files but all it says is replace the battery, contact
Dell.

It will cost more to return the unit than it is worth.

Guess I will have to take a screwdriver to it!

In message <34e0egF4a9v1aU1@individual.net>, Edward J. Neth
<ejn63@netscape.net> writes

--
Harry Gilbertson

I've heard that they may not be replaceable. DId you have any luck with
this ? Was your model 3000 ?

Tim