My Photo Thumbnail problem

August 20, 2005 10:35:03 PM

My thumbnail names all of the sudden are not showing.. Anyone know why. Just
the TN in the main area, when I go into the folders some are there, yet some
are not. This just happened. It was fine before...????

Help..
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 11:23:08 AM

Select a different view, then press Shift while clicking Thumbnails
in the View menu and the names should reappear.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

SandysLittleFriends wrote:
> My thumbnail names all of the sudden are not showing.. Anyone know why. Just
> the TN in the main area, when I go into the folders some are there, yet some
> are not. This just happened. It was fine before...????
>
> Help..
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 11:23:09 AM

Thank you so much. I tried all sorts of things and that worked right away...

Sandy

"S.Sengupta" wrote:

> Select a different view, then press Shift while clicking Thumbnails
> in the View menu and the names should reappear.
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>
> SandysLittleFriends wrote:
> > My thumbnail names all of the sudden are not showing.. Anyone know why. Just
> > the TN in the main area, when I go into the folders some are there, yet some
> > are not. This just happened. It was fine before...????
> >
> > Help..

August 21, 2005 11:43:27 AM

You're welcome.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

SandysLittleFriends wrote:

> Thank you so much. I tried all sorts of things and that worked right away...
>
> Sandy
>
> "S.Sengupta" wrote:
>

>>Select a different view, then press Shift while clicking Thumbnails
>>in the View menu and the names should reappear.
>>
>>regards,
>>ssg MS-MVP
>>
>>SandysLittleFriends wrote:
>>
>>>My thumbnail names all of the sudden are not showing.. Anyone know why. Just
>>>the TN in the main area, when I go into the folders some are there, yet some
>>>are not. This just happened. It was fine before...????
>>>
>>>Help..

Anonymous
August 21, 2005 2:08:00 PM

See Tip #2 here
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/t...

To turn off filenames, hold down the Shift key when you click to open a
folder in Windows Explorer or when you switch into thumbnail view. This will
turn of the file names, giving more space for the thumbnails. Doing it again
turns them back on.
--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org