Installation problem

Last night I bought a new copy of XP Home Ed. When I tried to install it on
my system, there was a power failure and the computer went down near the end
of the install. I was able to boot with an Emergency Windows ME startup disk
and rolled back the system to Windows ME. Before I reinstall XP I want to
clear up an error that happens when the computer now boots in ME. After the
system boots the following lines appear:

Microsoft Windows XP Home Ed install
Cancel XP Install

I would like to clear this error screen before I proceed with a fresh
install. Does anyone know how to do this?
1 answer Last reply
More about installation problem

    "rohit" <rohit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    |>Last night I bought a new copy of XP Home Ed. When I tried to install it on
    |>my system, there was a power failure and the computer went down near the end
    |>of the install. I was able to boot with an Emergency Windows ME startup disk
    |>and rolled back the system to Windows ME. Before I reinstall XP I want to
    |>clear up an error that happens when the computer now boots in ME. After the
    |>system boots the following lines appear:
    |>
    |>Microsoft Windows XP Home Ed install
    |>Cancel XP Install
    |>
    |>I would like to clear this error screen before I proceed with a fresh
    |>install. Does anyone know how to do this?

    Edit your C:\boot.ini file - remove the offending line.

    Boot.ini is hidden and read only, you might need to change your
    settings to edit it.

Windows Me Microsoft Windows XP