I would like to free-up some hard disk space. I noted a slew of folders in
the windows directory which are blue and have names such as
$NtUninstallKB817778$. What is the significance of the blue color, and can
they safely be deleted?
Thanks,
Robert

How can I save space after installing a Service Pack or other updates?
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/spack.htm

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Jupiter Jones]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"rschmitt" wrote:

| I would like to free-up some hard disk space. I noted a slew of folders in
| the windows directory which are blue and have names such as
| $NtUninstallKB817778$. What is the significance of the blue color, and can
| they safely be deleted?
| Thanks,
| Robert

Carey,
I don't know what to do after I access the web site you reference. Could you
lend me a hand?
Thanks
Robert

rschmitt wrote:
> Carey,
> I don't know what to do after I access the web site you reference.
> Could you lend me a hand?

read the referenced web site.

> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> How can I save space after installing a Service Pack or other
>> updates? http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/spack.htm
>>
>> [Courtesy of MS-MVP Jupiter Jones]
>>
>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP - Shell/User
>> Microsoft Newsgroups

>> "rschmitt" wrote:
>>
>>> I would like to free-up some hard disk space. I noted a slew of
>>> folders in the windows directory which are blue and have names such
>>> as $NtUninstallKB817778$. What is the significance of the blue
>>> color, and can they safely be deleted?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Robert

That link leads to 404 error i.e., "file not found".
--
Regards,
Pramit Roy

"Warlock" wrote:

> rschmitt wrote:
> > Carey,
> > I don't know what to do after I access the web site you reference.
> > Could you lend me a hand?
>
> read the referenced web site.
>

> > "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> How can I save space after installing a Service Pack or other
> >> updates? http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/spack.htm
> >>
> >> [Courtesy of MS-MVP Jupiter Jones]
> >>
> >> --
> >> Carey Frisch
> >> Microsoft MVP
> >> Windows XP - Shell/User
> >> Microsoft Newsgroups
> >>
> >> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carey,
I'm lost. Going to the site you suggest is for a 404 error, file not found.
Robert

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> How can I save space after installing a Service Pack or other updates?
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/spack.htm
>
> [Courtesy of MS-MVP Jupiter Jones]
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "rschmitt" wrote:
>
> | I would like to free-up some hard disk space. I noted a slew of folders in
> | the windows directory which are blue and have names such as
> | $NtUninstallKB817778$. What is the significance of the blue color, and can
> | they safely be deleted?
> | Thanks,
> | Robert

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

rschmitt wrote:

> Carey,
> I'm lost. Going to the site you suggest is for a 404 error, file not found.
> Robert
>

> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>

>>How can I save space after installing a Service Pack or other updates?
>>http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/spack.htm
>>
>>[Courtesy of MS-MVP Jupiter Jones]
>>
>>--
>>Carey Frisch
>>Microsoft MVP
>>Windows XP - Shell/User
>>Microsoft Newsgroups
>>
>>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>"rschmitt" wrote:
>>
>>| I would like to free-up some hard disk space. I noted a slew of folders in
>>| the windows directory which are blue and have names such as
>>| $NtUninstallKB817778$. What is the significance of the blue color, and can
>>| they safely be deleted?
>>| Thanks,
>>| Robert

I got there fine today.