Side Rail Removal - Near Disaster

Some months ago I posted about the
virtues of using a heatgun to remove the
stainless steel side rails from a pin.
Well, I need to amend that
recommendation. Don't use that
technique if the cabinet artwork is
actually a decal; as opposed to being
screened onto the cabinet.

I removed the right side rail from a NGG
this morning and the side rail came off
easy enough, but to my horror it was
actually the decal that separated from
the cabinet; not the rail from the
adhesive strip. When I first realized
what had happened, and saw the big
gapping pieces of decal that were
missing from the cabinet, I think I
might have passed out. I'm not sure if
I did, but there are these little solder
balls and remnants of diodes and
resistors embedded in my forehead. I'm
pretty sure they used to be on the floor
of my workshop. ;-)

Once my vision returned (there wasn't
enough blood in my head to operate my
eyes) I hurriedly dry mounted the new
side rail in order to determine just had
badly I had F'd up the cabinet. To my
amazement (and surely because of the
intervention of some deity) no portion
of the ripped off decal extended below
the bottom of the new side rail.

Man, I'm stilling shaking... I need to
go drink a couple of beers and put my
head between my knees. Whew!

Rick Swanson (Thanks to the "Pin Gods"
for saving me from myself.)

martin

Whe I did decals on my Monster bash, I scored the decal just below the
edge of the tape so that I could keep solder balls and other floor
detritus of my forehead should I ever need to remove the side rails

If you can really put your head between your knees then you have no problems
!!!!

Ron

Ron - N.Y wrote:

> If you can really put your head between your knees then you have no problems
> !!!!

Heck, that's nothing. I think I can
kiss my own ass. ;-)

Rick Swanson

I thought he was the plucky sidekick and comic relief...

And you are...

John!

Bryan Kelly wrote:

> Just remember, Rick, you're our fool and we love you for it. ;-)

Well, eh, thanks Bryan.

By the way Bryan, give your wife my
number. It's 555-1212. If you ever do
kick the bucket then 20 minutes later
I'm on her doorstep with candy, jewelry
and flowers. I'm going for all your
goodies... wife, pins *AND* workshop.
Heck, if your kids have good table
manners and don't ask to borrow the
car... then I want them too. ;-)

Rick Swanson

> Bryan Kelly wrote:
>

> > Just remember, Rick, you're our fool and we love you for it. ;-)
> >
> Well, eh, thanks Bryan.
>
> By the way Bryan, give your wife my
> number. It's 555-1212. If you ever do
> kick the bucket then 20 minutes later
> I'm on her doorstep with candy, jewelry
> and flowers. I'm going for all your
> goodies... wife, pins *AND* workshop.
> Heck, if your kids have good table
> manners and don't ask to borrow the
> car... then I want them too. ;-)
>

> Rick Swanson

Rick, you realize then you'll be my new step daddy :) LTG :)

Lloyd Olson wrote:
> "Rick Swanson" <rns510@charter.net> wrote in message
>
>>Bryan Kelly wrote:
>>

>>>Just remember, Rick, you're our fool and we love you for it. ;-)
>>>

>>Well, eh, thanks Bryan.
>>
>>By the way Bryan, give your wife my
>>number. It's 555-1212. If you ever do
>>kick the bucket then 20 minutes later
>>I'm on her doorstep with candy, jewelry
>>and flowers. I'm going for all your
>>goodies... wife, pins *AND* workshop.
>>Heck, if your kids have good table
>>manners and don't ask to borrow the
>>car... then I want them too. ;-)
>>

>>Rick Swanson
>

> Rick, you realize then you'll be my new step daddy :) LTG :)

Huh... well... say Bryan, forget about giving her my number.

Rick Swanson

MacMan

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2004

In article <LtXze.18103$Si3.15885@fe06.lga>,
Rick Swanson <rns510@charter.net> wrote:

> Bryan Kelly wrote:
>

> > Just remember, Rick, you're our fool and we love you for it. ;-)
> >
> Well, eh, thanks Bryan.
>
> By the way Bryan, give your wife my
> number. It's 555-1212. If you ever do
> kick the bucket then 20 minutes later
> I'm on her doorstep with candy, jewelry
> and flowers. I'm going for all your
> goodies... wife, pins *AND* workshop.
> Heck, if your kids have good table
> manners and don't ask to borrow the
> car... then I want them too. ;-)
>

> Rick Swanson

Can I suggest his Xmas present should be one of those really neat
hunting hats... you know... with the antlers.

Cheers
MacMan

"Bryan Kelly" <bskelly3@aol.com> writes:

> I guess my attitude is, if you can't laugh at yourself, who can you
> laugh at.

You mean apart from Rick?

:)

--
Øyvind Møll
oyvind@moll.no

Oyvind Moll wrote:

> "Bryan Kelly" <bskelly3@aol.com> writes:
>
>>I guess my attitude is, if you can't laugh at yourself, who can you
>>laugh at.
>

> You mean apart from Rick?
>
> :)

:-0

Rick Swanson

> Ron - N.Y wrote:
>
>> If you can really put your head between your knees then you have no
>> problems !!!!
>>
> Heck, that's nothing. I think I can
> kiss my own ass. ;-)

There's a guy who's made himself a living in the porn industry doing
something similar. :)

thats why this room is so interesting....INBREEDING....
> Lloyd Olson wrote:
> > "Rick Swanson" <rns510@charter.net> wrote in message

> >>Well, eh, thanks Bryan.
> >>
> >>By the way Bryan, give your wife my
> >>number. It's 555-1212. If you ever do
> >>kick the bucket then 20 minutes later
> >>I'm on her doorstep with candy, jewelry
> >>and flowers. I'm going for all your
> >>goodies... wife, pins *AND* workshop.
> >>Heck, if your kids have good table
> >>manners and don't ask to borrow the
> >>car... then I want them too. ;-)
> >>

> >>Rick Swanson
> >

> > Rick, you realize then you'll be my new step daddy :) LTG :)
> >

> Huh... well... say Bryan, forget about giving her my number.
>

> Rick Swanson

LMAO Rick!

You should stop by the chat room some time. We'd all be in tears just
listening to your stories :)

P.S. I'm glad you didn't f-up the game too bad!

--

Jesse

E*ght_B*ll_D*luxe, Tw*light_Z*ne, Hi_De*l, Fl*sh_Gord*n, two Xen*ns

Pinball Magic

Enhancements, Modifications, Parts, Forum, Restoration Info.
www.PinballMagic.com
www.TZmods.com

Pinball Magic wrote:

> You should stop by the chat room some time.

I'll try to do that one of these Sundays. Although, I can't type and
think at the same time. ;-)

Rick Swanson