WCPuid Crashing Comp

JimmyDean

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2003
I have a K7N2 Delta ILSR and an Athlon 2000+ cpu. Whenever I try to run wcpuid my computer will give me a blue screen stating the kernel is at fault, shut off, or just restart. Any ideas why?

<i>Royal Fusileres, Company C</i>

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
What's your CPU temp (idle/load). Sounds like overheating to me.

Do you know what core that 2000XP is? palomino[sp?] 2000+ chips were very hot - you'd need a decent cooler.

Might also be caused by a dodgy power supply, but my bet would be overheating CPU. If it was working, but now is not, open the case and look at the HSF - it's possibly choked with dust.

[EDIT]
Oh yeah - what HSF are you using anyway?

and your sig - 'When the Tigers Broke Free'?? am I right... :smile:
[/EDIT]

HTH

---
$hit Happens. I just wish it would happen to someone else for a change.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by ChipDeath on 07/02/03 06:31 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

smitbret

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2002
I've had trouble with Soyo boards and WCPuid in the past as well. Just seems that some are incompatible. I was using it to make my temps a little cooler on some systems, but after applying the changes, a couple of them would sound like they were shifting gears and then just lock up. Most systems had no problem, just a couple that had Soyo KT7-Dragon boards with 1800+ CPUs (Palomino core).
-Brett