Need advice: Taped backglass artwork

I have a very nice '77 Gottlieb backglass. The bottom 4" of the glass has
been touched up (very well, I might add), and covered with something that
looks like clear packing tape. It looks like the rest of the glass has had a
thin layer of triple-thick, but I'm adding another coat for good measure.

Any advice on what to do with the clear tape? I know I should leave it in
place, but should I triple-thick over it too? Also, should I expect that
it's only a matter of time before the tape comes up, taking the ink with it?
So far it's holding just fine.

John

Nevermind... I found some good posts on Google, and decided to leave the
taped area alone.

John