Video Cable Connected?

I have an HP Pavilion 6545C, I added some more RAM and everything went
fine. But now whenever I power up the PC, I get this message "Video
Cable Connected?". I know the PC is up and running but nothing is sent
to the monitor. I have tried
- using a different monitor (same problem)
- sometimes, if I removed the new RAM and put it back again, it
seems to help
Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem?
Thanks in advance,
Sel

Problem with the new RAM you added. Remove them and see. If it comes up
consistantly, definitely your new RAM. Use some RAM testing software to
verify it.

selehdin@gmail.com wrote:

> I have an HP Pavilion 6545C, I added some more RAM and everything went
> fine. But now whenever I power up the PC, I get this message "Video
> Cable Connected?". I know the PC is up and running but nothing is sent
> to the monitor. I have tried
> - using a different monitor (same problem)
> - sometimes, if I removed the new RAM and put it back again, it
> seems to help
> Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem?
> Thanks in advance,
> Sel

MEMTEST-86 is as good of a RAM tester you can get. The price is the best too.
A free download... Ben Myers

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:42:10 GMT, Dewaine Chan <"dchanNOSPAM"@NOSPAM
PLZZZnc.rr.com> wrote:

>Problem with the new RAM you added. Remove them and see. If it comes up
>consistantly, definitely your new RAM. Use some RAM testing software to
>verify it.
>

>selehdin@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> I have an HP Pavilion 6545C, I added some more RAM and everything went
>> fine. But now whenever I power up the PC, I get this message "Video
>> Cable Connected?". I know the PC is up and running but nothing is sent
>> to the monitor. I have tried
>> - using a different monitor (same problem)
>> - sometimes, if I removed the new RAM and put it back again, it
>> seems to help
>> Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem?
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Sel

I will try RAM testing SW. I did try removing the new RAM and still
see the same problem.

Sel

Take a flash light and look at the Capacitors around the CPU and also
the memory slots area. Do you see any of the big capacitor's top bulks
up like it is going to pop or already popped? A lot of Motherboards
use really inferious capacitors that over times they become bad: popped
up or melted that resulted in intermittant problems till not working at
all. Just got an IBM NetVista PIII 933MHz with tha problem. The Caps
around the CPU are bad and system would booted up for a couple minutes
then just die. I just ordered a Weller soldering Iron Station today.
Will have to replace the Caps and see if I coudl salvage the MB.

Dewaine