Display properties dialog box.

when I right click on my desktop and select properties a box pops up. It used
to have tabs for like changing screen resolution, screen saver and the like.
Now when the box pops up those tabs are not there only the box is. Only thing
I can change is the theme. How do I get those tabs back.

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

mstout2001 wrote:

> when I right click on my desktop and select properties a box pops up. It used
> to have tabs for like changing screen resolution, screen saver and the like.
> Now when the box pops up those tabs are not there only the box is. Only thing
> I can change is the theme. How do I get those tabs back.

Try running the edit on Kelly's site:
Line 285: Restore All Display Tabs

See the top of the page for info on running the edit.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

This did not fix it. I tried the kellys corner thing it did not work.

"mstout2001" <mstout2001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Rock" wrote:
>
>> mstout2001 wrote:
>>
>> > when I right click on my desktop and select properties a box pops up.
>> > It used
>> > to have tabs for like changing screen resolution, screen saver and the
>> > like.
>> > Now when the box pops up those tabs are not there only the box is. Only
>> > thing
>> > I can change is the theme. How do I get those tabs back.
>>
>> Try running the edit on Kelly's site:
>> Line 285: Restore All Display Tabs
>>
>> See the top of the page for info on running the edit.
>>

> This did not fix it. I tried the kellys corner thing it did not work.

Check these locations in the Registry,

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

Delete "NoDispAppearancePage", "NoDispBackgroundPage", "NoDispSettingsPage",
and "NoDispScrSavPage" in the right-hand pane.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Delete "NoThemesTab" in the right hand pane.

--
William

Nightowl

Distinguished
May 17, 2001

mstout2001 wrote on Sat, 20 Aug 2005:

>when I right click on my desktop and select properties a box pops up. It used
>to have tabs for like changing screen resolution, screen saver and the like.
>Now when the box pops up those tabs are not there only the box is. Only thing
>I can change is the theme. How do I get those tabs back.

Hi mstout

Go to http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and download the fix
on line 285 on the right -- Restore all Display Tabs.

Instructions for using the .reg file are at the top of the page.

Hope this helps.

--
Nightowl