I recently upgraded from ME to XP Pro (clean install) and I can't find how
to access clipboard viewer. Have they done away with it in XP? It shows in
add/remove windows components. Also I used to have to set my disk drives
for DMA access and can't find that option. Aside from getting used to these
little quirks my machine is much faster with XP. Thank's much for any

For clipboard,R.click tools icon,properties,R.click any free space in the new
window,select,new,shortcut,in the new window,type:C:WINDOWS\system32\
clipbrd.exe A new shrtcut apears,close out.

"RBT" wrote:

> I recently upgraded from ME to XP Pro (clean install) and I can't find how
> to access clipboard viewer. Have they done away with it in XP? It shows in
> add/remove windows components. Also I used to have to set my disk drives
> for DMA access and can't find that option. Aside from getting used to these
> little quirks my machine is much faster with XP. Thank's much for any

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

RBT wrote:
> I recently upgraded from ME to XP Pro (clean install) and I can't find how
> to access clipboard viewer. Have they done away with it in XP? It shows in
> add/remove windows components. Also I used to have to set my disk drives
> for DMA access and can't find that option. Aside from getting used to these
> little quirks my machine is much faster with XP. Thank's much for any

It's executable is clipbrd.exe located in the \windows\system32
directory. Replace windows with whatever folder the OS installed in if
it's not \windows. Make a shortcut to it and put that on the desktop.
Also you can add an entry for the clipboard viewer in the control panel
using this tweak from Kelly's site:

Line 130: Add Clipboard to the Control Panel

Read the info at the top of the page for how to run the edit.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

You can access the DMA settings in Control Panel/System/Device Manager/IDE
Channels.
Right-click the appropriate channel/Properties/Advanced Settings

"Andrew E." wrote:

> For clipboard,R.click tools icon,properties,R.click any free space in the new
> window,select,new,shortcut,in the new window,type:C:WINDOWS\system32\
> clipbrd.exe A new shrtcut apears,close out.
>
> "RBT" wrote:
>
> > I recently upgraded from ME to XP Pro (clean install) and I can't find how
> > to access clipboard viewer. Have they done away with it in XP? It shows in
> > add/remove windows components. Also I used to have to set my disk drives
> > for DMA access and can't find that option. Aside from getting used to these
> > little quirks my machine is much faster with XP. Thank's much for any

Nightowl

Distinguished
May 17, 2001

RBT wrote on Sun, 21 Aug 2005:

>I recently upgraded from ME to XP Pro (clean install) and I can't find how
>to access clipboard viewer. Have they done away with it in XP? It shows in
>add/remove windows components. Also I used to have to set my disk drives
>for DMA access and can't find that option. Aside from getting used to these
>little quirks my machine is much faster with XP. Thank's much for any

Hi RBT

I see Andrew has told you how to make a shortcut to Clipbook Viewer. If
you don't want to have a permanent shortcut, you can just do this
whenever you want to use it:

Click Start
Click Run
Type "clipbrd" (without the quotes)
Click OK

For the disks setting: Right-click on my Computer > Properties >
Hardware tab > Device Manager.

Look for IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers and click on the + sign at the left
to see the choices. Right-click on channel desired and choose Properties
> Advanced Settings tab.

DMA will probably already be set, but if not you can choose DMA If
Available, OK your way out, and if you have changed the settings you
will need to reboot. You can then go back into Device Manager to check
what actual settings the drives are using.

Hope this helps, and glad you're enjoying XP :)

--
Nightowl

"Nightowl" <owl@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
> RBT wrote on Sun, 21 Aug 2005:
>
>>I recently upgraded from ME to XP Pro (clean install) and I can't find how
>>to access clipboard viewer. Have they done away with it in XP? It shows
>>in
>>add/remove windows components. Also I used to have to set my disk drives
>>for DMA access and can't find that option. Aside from getting used to
>>these
>>little quirks my machine is much faster with XP. Thank's much for any
>
> Hi RBT
>
> I see Andrew has told you how to make a shortcut to Clipbook Viewer. If
> you don't want to have a permanent shortcut, you can just do this whenever
> you want to use it:
>
> Click Start
> Click Run
> Type "clipbrd" (without the quotes)
> Click OK
>
> For the disks setting: Right-click on my Computer > Properties > Hardware
> tab > Device Manager.
>
> Look for IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers and click on the + sign at the left to
> see the choices. Right-click on channel desired and choose Properties
> > Advanced Settings tab.
>
> DMA will probably already be set, but if not you can choose DMA If
> Available, OK your way out, and if you have changed the settings you will
> need to reboot. You can then go back into Device Manager to check what
> actual settings the drives are using.
>
> Hope this helps, and glad you're enjoying XP :)
>
> --
> Nightowl

Thanks to everone! I can't believe it was so simple, I tried for days to
figure it out.
And yes I am enjoying the XPerience :)

Perform the following:

1. Right-click on your Desktop and select: NEW > SHORTCUT
2. In the Create Shortcut window, type in: CLIPBRD.EXE , and click "Next"
3. In the next window, type in: ClipBook Viewer , and click "Finish"
4. A ClipBook Viewer shortcut icon will appear on your Desktop.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP