Display Properties Dialog Box. And No kellys Korner tweak ..

when I right click on my desktop and select properties a box pops up. It used
to have tabs for like changing screen resolution, screen saver and the like.
Now when the box pops up those tabs are not there only the box is. Only thing
I can change is the theme. How do I get those tabs back.

I have tried the Kellys Korner #285 and still nothing. Its like the view for
it is set to block the tabs or something. Anyone have any more ideas. Maybe
Enviormental Variables. Is there something there that would take them away.
Im open to all suggestions.
7 answers Last reply
More about display properties dialog kellys korner tweak

    "mstout2001" <mstout2001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > when I right click on my desktop and select properties a box pops up. It
    > used
    > to have tabs for like changing screen resolution, screen saver and the
    > like.
    > Now when the box pops up those tabs are not there only the box is. Only
    > thing
    > I can change is the theme. How do I get those tabs back.
    >
    > I have tried the Kellys Korner #285 and still nothing. Its like the view
    > for
    > it is set to block the tabs or something. Anyone have any more ideas.
    > Maybe
    > Enviormental Variables. Is there something there that would take them
    > away.
    > Im open to all suggestions.

    Check these locations in the Registry,

    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

    Delete "NoDispAppearancePage", "NoDispBackgroundPage", "NoDispSettingsPage",
    and "NoDispScrSavPage" in the right-hand pane.

    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

    Delete "NoThemesTab" in the right hand pane.

    --
    William

    All those registry values are included in Kelly's Korner reg file(set to 0
    values). If that doesn't work then deleting
    "NoDispAppearancePage", "NoDispBackgroundPage", "NoDispSettingsPage",
    and "NoDispScrSavPage" shouldn't work.

    Though I don't know for any kind of mistake in handling.
    --
    Regards,
    Pramit Roy

    "Pramit Roy" <PramitRoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > "WTC" wrote:
    >
    >> "mstout2001" <mstout2001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > when I right click on my desktop and select properties a box pops up.
    >> > It
    >> > used
    >> > to have tabs for like changing screen resolution, screen saver and the
    >> > like.
    >> > Now when the box pops up those tabs are not there only the box is. Only
    >> > thing
    >> > I can change is the theme. How do I get those tabs back.
    >> >
    >> > I have tried the Kellys Korner #285 and still nothing. Its like the
    >> > view
    >> > for
    >> > it is set to block the tabs or something. Anyone have any more ideas.
    >> > Maybe
    >> > Enviormental Variables. Is there something there that would take them
    >> > away.
    >> > Im open to all suggestions.
    >> >

    >> Check these locations in the Registry,
    >>
    >> HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
    >>
    >> Delete "NoDispAppearancePage", "NoDispBackgroundPage",
    >> "NoDispSettingsPage",
    >> and "NoDispScrSavPage" in the right-hand pane.
    >>
    >> HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    >>
    >> Delete "NoThemesTab" in the right hand pane.
    >>
    > All those registry values are included in Kelly's Korner reg file(set to 0
    > values). If that doesn't work then deleting
    > "NoDispAppearancePage", "NoDispBackgroundPage", "NoDispSettingsPage",
    > and "NoDispScrSavPage" shouldn't work.
    >
    > Though I don't know for any kind of mistake in handling.

    Her reg edits are for HKCU not HKLM, and yes those entries can be in HKLM.

    --
    William

    None of the things you mentioned are there. Nor is there one in the reg key
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    this key is there all the way until the explorer part. The explorer part is
    not there. As I mentioned before all of the tabs used to be on the pop up
    window that you got with display properties. Now I have noticed that If I go
    to the control panel I can go into the display properties and change each on
    of the things like, Resolution, screen saver so on, but one link at a time.
    What I mean is if I click on change computers theme I can do that and that
    only. If I click on screen saver I can change that and that only. Where
    before the dialog box popped up with the tabs and all I had to do was click
    the different tabs to get to change things.

    "WTC" wrote:

    > "Pramit Roy" <PramitRoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >

    > > "WTC" wrote:
    > >
    > >> "mstout2001" <mstout2001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > >> Check these locations in the Registry,
    > >>
    > >> HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
    > >>
    > >> Delete "NoDispAppearancePage", "NoDispBackgroundPage",
    > >> "NoDispSettingsPage",
    > >> and "NoDispScrSavPage" in the right-hand pane.
    > >>
    > >> HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    > >>
    > >> Delete "NoThemesTab" in the right hand pane.
    > >>
    > > All those registry values are included in Kelly's Korner reg file(set to 0
    > > values). If that doesn't work then deleting
    > > "NoDispAppearancePage", "NoDispBackgroundPage", "NoDispSettingsPage",
    > > and "NoDispScrSavPage" shouldn't work.
    > >
    > > Though I don't know for any kind of mistake in handling.
    >

    > Her reg edits are for HKCU not HKLM, and yes those entries can be in HKLM.
    >
    > --
    > William

    Try these commands from Run:

    regsvr32 themeui
    regsvr32 /i shell32

    Reboot.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    > None of the things you mentioned are there. Nor is there one in the reg
    > key
    > HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    > this key is there all the way until the explorer part. The explorer part
    > is
    > not there. As I mentioned before all of the tabs used to be on the pop up
    > window that you got with display properties. Now I have noticed that If I
    > go
    > to the control panel I can go into the display properties and change each
    > on
    > of the things like, Resolution, screen saver so on, but one link at a
    > time.
    > What I mean is if I click on change computers theme I can do that and that
    > only. If I click on screen saver I can change that and that only. Where
    > before the dialog box popped up with the tabs and all I had to do was
    > click
    > the different tabs to get to change things.
    >
    > "WTC" wrote:
    >
    >> "Pramit Roy" <PramitRoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>

    >> > "WTC" wrote:

    Thank you Ramesh, you are the only one who figured it out. I did what you
    said and it worked. And if you look at all my posts and responses from kelly
    and the other nice people who tried to help you will see I tried alot. Can
    you tell me why your idea worked. What do those reg codes do that you gave me.

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Try these commands from Run:
    >
    > regsvr32 themeui
    > regsvr32 /i shell32
    >
    > Reboot.
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "mstout2001" <mstout2001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > None of the things you mentioned are there. Nor is there one in the reg
    > > key
    > > HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    > > this key is there all the way until the explorer part. The explorer part
    > > is
    > > not there. As I mentioned before all of the tabs used to be on the pop up
    > > window that you got with display properties. Now I have noticed that If I
    > > go
    > > to the control panel I can go into the display properties and change each
    > > on
    > > of the things like, Resolution, screen saver so on, but one link at a
    > > time.
    > > What I mean is if I click on change computers theme I can do that and that
    > > only. If I click on screen saver I can change that and that only. Where
    > > before the dialog box popped up with the tabs and all I had to do was
    > > click
    > > the different tabs to get to change things.
    > >
    > > "WTC" wrote:
    > >
    > >> "Pramit Roy" <PramitRoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    You're welcome. Missing OLE registration. Two other stumbled upon this
    solution. See my post here:
    http://oldlook.experts-exchange.com:8080/Operating_Systems/WinXP/Q_21411629.html

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    > Thank you Ramesh, you are the only one who figured it out. I did what you
    > said and it worked. And if you look at all my posts and responses from
    > kelly
    > and the other nice people who tried to help you will see I tried alot. Can
    > you tell me why your idea worked. What do those reg codes do that you gave
    > me.
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Try these commands from Run:
    >>
    >> regsvr32 themeui
    >> regsvr32 /i shell32
    >>
    >> Reboot.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "mstout2001" <mstout2001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > None of the things you mentioned are there. Nor is there one in the reg
    >> > key
    >> > HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    >> > this key is there all the way until the explorer part. The explorer
    >> > part
    >> > is
    >> > not there. As I mentioned before all of the tabs used to be on the pop
    >> > up
    >> > window that you got with display properties. Now I have noticed that If
    >> > go
    >> > to the control panel I can go into the display properties and change
    >> > each
    >> > on
    >> > of the things like, Resolution, screen saver so on, but one link at a
    >> > time.
    >> > What I mean is if I click on change computers theme I can do that and
    >> > that
    >> > only. If I click on screen saver I can change that and that only. Where
    >> > before the dialog box popped up with the tabs and all I had to do was
    >> > click
    >> > the different tabs to get to change things.

Dialog Windows XP Displays