Display Properties Dialog Box. And No kellys Korner tweak ..

when I right click on my desktop and select properties a box pops up. It used
to have tabs for like changing screen resolution, screen saver and the like.
Now when the box pops up those tabs are not there only the box is. Only thing
I can change is the theme. How do I get those tabs back.

I have tried the Kellys Korner #285 and still nothing. Its like the view for
it is set to block the tabs or something. Anyone have any more ideas. Maybe
Enviormental Variables. Is there something there that would take them away.
Im open to all suggestions.

"mstout2001" <mstout2001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when I right click on my desktop and select properties a box pops up. It
> used
> to have tabs for like changing screen resolution, screen saver and the
> like.
> Now when the box pops up those tabs are not there only the box is. Only
> thing
> I can change is the theme. How do I get those tabs back.
>
> I have tried the Kellys Korner #285 and still nothing. Its like the view
> for
> it is set to block the tabs or something. Anyone have any more ideas.
> Maybe
> Enviormental Variables. Is there something there that would take them
> away.
> Im open to all suggestions.

Check these locations in the Registry,

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

Delete "NoDispAppearancePage", "NoDispBackgroundPage", "NoDispSettingsPage",
and "NoDispScrSavPage" in the right-hand pane.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Delete "NoThemesTab" in the right hand pane.

--
William

All those registry values are included in Kelly's Korner reg file(set to 0
values). If that doesn't work then deleting
"NoDispAppearancePage", "NoDispBackgroundPage", "NoDispSettingsPage",
and "NoDispScrSavPage" shouldn't work.

Though I don't know for any kind of mistake in handling.
--
Regards,
Pramit Roy

"Pramit Roy" <PramitRoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "WTC" wrote:
>
>> "mstout2001" <mstout2001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > when I right click on my desktop and select properties a box pops up.
>> > It
>> > used
>> > to have tabs for like changing screen resolution, screen saver and the
>> > like.
>> > Now when the box pops up those tabs are not there only the box is. Only
>> > thing
>> > I can change is the theme. How do I get those tabs back.
>> >
>> > I have tried the Kellys Korner #285 and still nothing. Its like the
>> > view
>> > for
>> > it is set to block the tabs or something. Anyone have any more ideas.
>> > Maybe
>> > Enviormental Variables. Is there something there that would take them
>> > away.
>> > Im open to all suggestions.
>> >

>> Check these locations in the Registry,
>>
>> HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
>>
>> Delete "NoDispAppearancePage", "NoDispBackgroundPage",
>> "NoDispSettingsPage",
>> and "NoDispScrSavPage" in the right-hand pane.
>>
>> HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
>>
>> Delete "NoThemesTab" in the right hand pane.
>>
> All those registry values are included in Kelly's Korner reg file(set to 0
> values). If that doesn't work then deleting
> "NoDispAppearancePage", "NoDispBackgroundPage", "NoDispSettingsPage",
> and "NoDispScrSavPage" shouldn't work.
>
> Though I don't know for any kind of mistake in handling.

Her reg edits are for HKCU not HKLM, and yes those entries can be in HKLM.

--
William

None of the things you mentioned are there. Nor is there one in the reg key
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
this key is there all the way until the explorer part. The explorer part is
not there. As I mentioned before all of the tabs used to be on the pop up
window that you got with display properties. Now I have noticed that If I go
to the control panel I can go into the display properties and change each on
of the things like, Resolution, screen saver so on, but one link at a time.
What I mean is if I click on change computers theme I can do that and that
only. If I click on screen saver I can change that and that only. Where
before the dialog box popped up with the tabs and all I had to do was click
the different tabs to get to change things.

"WTC" wrote:

> "Pramit Roy" <PramitRoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>

> > "WTC" wrote:
> >
> >> "mstout2001" <mstout2001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> Check these locations in the Registry,
> >>
> >> HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
> >>
> >> Delete "NoDispAppearancePage", "NoDispBackgroundPage",
> >> "NoDispSettingsPage",
> >> and "NoDispScrSavPage" in the right-hand pane.
> >>
> >> HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
> >>
> >> Delete "NoThemesTab" in the right hand pane.
> >>
> > All those registry values are included in Kelly's Korner reg file(set to 0
> > values). If that doesn't work then deleting
> > "NoDispAppearancePage", "NoDispBackgroundPage", "NoDispSettingsPage",
> > and "NoDispScrSavPage" shouldn't work.
> >
> > Though I don't know for any kind of mistake in handling.
>

> Her reg edits are for HKCU not HKLM, and yes those entries can be in HKLM.
>
> --
> William

Try these commands from Run:

regsvr32 themeui
regsvr32 /i shell32

Reboot.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

> None of the things you mentioned are there. Nor is there one in the reg
> key
> HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
> this key is there all the way until the explorer part. The explorer part
> is
> not there. As I mentioned before all of the tabs used to be on the pop up
> window that you got with display properties. Now I have noticed that If I
> go
> to the control panel I can go into the display properties and change each
> on
> of the things like, Resolution, screen saver so on, but one link at a
> time.
> What I mean is if I click on change computers theme I can do that and that
> only. If I click on screen saver I can change that and that only. Where
> before the dialog box popped up with the tabs and all I had to do was
> click
> the different tabs to get to change things.
>
> "WTC" wrote:
>
>> "Pramit Roy" <PramitRoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>

>> > "WTC" wrote:

Thank you Ramesh, you are the only one who figured it out. I did what you
said and it worked. And if you look at all my posts and responses from kelly
and the other nice people who tried to help you will see I tried alot. Can
you tell me why your idea worked. What do those reg codes do that you gave me.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Try these commands from Run:
>
> regsvr32 themeui
> regsvr32 /i shell32
>
> Reboot.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "mstout2001" <mstout2001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > None of the things you mentioned are there. Nor is there one in the reg
> > key
> > HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
> > this key is there all the way until the explorer part. The explorer part
> > is
> > not there. As I mentioned before all of the tabs used to be on the pop up
> > window that you got with display properties. Now I have noticed that If I
> > go
> > to the control panel I can go into the display properties and change each
> > on
> > of the things like, Resolution, screen saver so on, but one link at a
> > time.
> > What I mean is if I click on change computers theme I can do that and that
> > only. If I click on screen saver I can change that and that only. Where
> > before the dialog box popped up with the tabs and all I had to do was
> > click
> > the different tabs to get to change things.
> >
> > "WTC" wrote:
> >
> >> "Pramit Roy" <PramitRoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

You're welcome. Missing OLE registration. Two other stumbled upon this
solution. See my post here:
http://oldlook.experts-exchange.com:8080/Operating_Systems/WinXP/Q_21411629.html

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP