long and short filename copy

August 21, 2005 5:41:03 AM

Hi,

does anyone know how to copy folder and subfolders in a way to keep long
names of files and folders as well as short file names (8.3 format).

When I use standard copy paste procedure, only long filenames are the same
in both: source and destination folders, but the short ones are different. Is
there some tool which can copy both?

regards from Sinclair
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 5:02:45 PM

"=?Utf-8?B?U2luY2xhaXI=?=" <Sinclair@discussions.microsoft.com> writes:
>does anyone know how to copy folder and subfolders in a way to keep long
>names of files and folders as well as short file names (8.3 format).

Google for xxcopy. The author's web page has a lot of information about
how a variety of different copy utilities screw up long and short file
names.

!