long and short filename copy

Hi,

does anyone know how to copy folder and subfolders in a way to keep long
names of files and folders as well as short file names (8.3 format).

When I use standard copy paste procedure, only long filenames are the same
in both: source and destination folders, but the short ones are different. Is
there some tool which can copy both?

regards from Sinclair
1 answer Last reply
More about long short filename copy

    "=?Utf-8?B?U2luY2xhaXI=?=" <Sinclair@discussions.microsoft.com> writes:
    >does anyone know how to copy folder and subfolders in a way to keep long
    >names of files and folders as well as short file names (8.3 format).

    Google for xxcopy. The author's web page has a lot of information about
    how a variety of different copy utilities screw up long and short file
    names.

    >When I use standard copy paste procedure, only long filenames are the same
    >in both: source and destination folders, but the short ones are different. Is
    >there some tool which can copy both?

    >regards from Sinclair

Microsoft Filename Windows XP