Camera Wizard - Problem with image file names

XP SP2

The file names that are given to the images downloaded from my camera are
difficult to manage, but I am probably not using the wizard in the best way.

I would like file names to be unique in the MAIN Folder hierarchy. The
folder system I use is -:

Main Folder
001
Sub folder a
Sub folder b
002
Sub folder c
Sub folder d
etc

Currently I select say Sub folder a, set the group name to 001 and select
the required images. Although the names created are unique in the sub folder
, they are not usually unique in 001 or 002 etc.

The name is not really important but uniquness is.

I half suspect that the Digiclip.dcz file might be used to provide the next
unique name. What is it for? I wondered if I use a dump folder to download
the images and then move them from there to the required folder, whether
even though the dump would be empty each time a new set of images are
downloaded, the next unique file name might be maintained?

Stephen

Try some of the third-party photo album programs, such as
IRFANVIEW or Adobe Photoshop Album to better manage you
naming issue. Both are free.

some support

"Stephen Ford" <stephen_ford_NOSPAM_@ntlworld.com> wrote in
message news:uqcZS0ipFHA.3064@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...