TECH: Haunted House Special Light

Hello All -

I am hoping for some help to weed out the last couple minor hiccups in my
Haunted House restoration. I have two stuck on lamps, the extra ball on the
main playfield and the 'special' on the upper playfield. I know the
transistors need replacing, however I am stumped by the odd behavior. The
extra ball hole does not award an extra ball (as it should not, even though
lit all the time) but the upper pf bank does award a 'special' (extra ball)
and continually does so. Would the shot transistor(s) act like this or is
the upper pf special light a different problem perhaps? Thanks for any
input. -Joshua

--
Remove NOSPAM from address when emailing a reply ( atariNOSPAM at
twcny.rr.com )

Joshua:

You're correct that a blown (or shorted) lamp driver won't change the
extra ball award. Completing the drop targets should light the
side kicker for an extra ball, so if that switch is closed when the
targets are completed, it will award an extra ball. So, check the
right side kicker switch.

-Mark
--
http://pinballpal.com/