Save As freezes browser

When I try saving from browser (both Firefox and IE) it freezes for
several minutes before Save As dialog appears.
1 answer Last reply
More about save freezes browser

    ati wrote:

    > When I try saving from browser (both Firefox and IE) it freezes for
    > several minutes before Save As dialog appears.

    Is the system clean of viruses and other malware? How do you check.
    You should be using a current version AV with updated definitions and a
    combination of anti-malware programs. All checks should be done in safe
    mode.

    Also try deleting the temporary internet files. In IE go to Tools |
    Internet Options | Temporary Internet Files - Delete Files. Put a tic
    mark in delete off line content. Click ok. While there change the
    amount of space allocated to these files. Click on Settings under
    Temporary Internet files, and set the amount of space to use at a max of
    50 mb.

    THE PARASITE FIGHT
    Finding, Removing & Protecting Yourself From Scumware
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

    Richard Harper’s Guide to Cleaning Pests
    http://rgharper.mvps.org/cleanit.htm

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Internet Explorer Browsers Firefox Microsoft Windows XP