Save As freezes browser

August 21, 2005 8:32:35 AM

When I try saving from browser (both Firefox and IE) it freezes for
several minutes before Save As dialog appears.

More about : save freezes browser

August 21, 2005 4:50:24 PM

ati wrote:

> When I try saving from browser (both Firefox and IE) it freezes for
> several minutes before Save As dialog appears.

Is the system clean of viruses and other malware? How do you check.
You should be using a current version AV with updated definitions and a
combination of anti-malware programs. All checks should be done in safe
mode.

Also try deleting the temporary internet files. In IE go to Tools |
Internet Options | Temporary Internet Files - Delete Files. Put a tic
mark in delete off line content. Click ok. While there change the
amount of space allocated to these files. Click on Settings under
Temporary Internet files, and set the amount of space to use at a max of
50 mb.

THE PARASITE FIGHT
Finding, Removing & Protecting Yourself From Scumware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

Richard Harper’s Guide to Cleaning Pests
http://rgharper.mvps.org/cleanit.htm

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User