I have had problems with Norton Internet Security

i have tried to uninstall norton antivius 2005 and reinstall it again but to
no luck! Every time i start Outlook 2003, i get the message "must install
Norton Antivirus msi through setup". i can't install the software and when i
try to get rid of the offending files via regseeker to get rid of norton and
symantec entries, it does not make any difference. i note there is a file
called msie.exe or similar. this apparently is loading when i run outlook
2003. also, i have uninstalled outlook and all the other office applications
and resinstalled but i still get the message "must install Norton Antivirus
msi through setup". i would very much like to solve this problem and to be
able to install the norton anitvirus with the firewall as soon as possible
without having to format my hard drive and setting up Win XP Pro and all that
goes with it. please, can anyone help?
--
Thank you for your help!
2 answers Last reply

    Have you checked/downloaded/run the Norton removal tools ?

    It's a mess of a program & not worth the effort. What you are
    going through isn't an isolated issue. It's prevalent with almost
    all of the Norton Security product line. I could give you a long
    and convoluted process that "Might" get it running. However,
    it is probably wrong to help anyone get Symantec software to
    work on their PC. The better answer is going to be to return the
    product and get other solutions. A PC is for you to use, not to
    administer non-stop to get something you paid money for to just
    work.

    This isn't a Norton/Symantec support venue. But, after XP it is
    the most commonly requested 3rd-party program that users
    come here to seek remedies.

    "=?Utf-8?B?cmFtbXl0ZWw=?=" <rammytel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

    > i have tried to uninstall norton antivius 2005 and reinstall it again
    > but to no luck! Every time i start Outlook 2003, i get the message
    > "must install Norton Antivirus msi through setup". i can't install
    > the software and when i try to get rid of the offending files via
    > regseeker to get rid of norton and symantec entries, it does not make
    > any difference. i note there is a file called msie.exe or similar.
    > this apparently is loading when i run outlook 2003. also, i have
    > uninstalled outlook and all the other office applications and
    > resinstalled but i still get the message "must install Norton
    > Antivirus msi through setup". i would very much like to solve this
    > problem and to be able to install the norton anitvirus with the
    > firewall as soon as possible without having to format my hard drive
    > and setting up Win XP Pro and all that goes with it. please, can
    > anyone help?

    here is the link tot he norton removal tool:

    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039?
    Open&src=bar_sch_nam&docid=2004020314035036
    &nsf=tsgeninfo.nsf&view=docid&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=

Norton Internet Security Windows XP