I have had problems with Norton Internet Security

August 21, 2005 9:08:01 AM

i have tried to uninstall norton antivius 2005 and reinstall it again but to
no luck! Every time i start Outlook 2003, i get the message "must install
Norton Antivirus msi through setup". i can't install the software and when i
try to get rid of the offending files via regseeker to get rid of norton and
symantec entries, it does not make any difference. i note there is a file
called msie.exe or similar. this apparently is loading when i run outlook
2003. also, i have uninstalled outlook and all the other office applications
and resinstalled but i still get the message "must install Norton Antivirus
msi through setup". i would very much like to solve this problem and to be
able to install the norton anitvirus with the firewall as soon as possible
without having to format my hard drive and setting up Win XP Pro and all that
goes with it. please, can anyone help?
--
Thank you for your help!
Anonymous

Have you checked/downloaded/run the Norton removal tools ?

It's a mess of a program & not worth the effort. What you are
going through isn't an isolated issue. It's prevalent with almost
all of the Norton Security product line. I could give you a long
and convoluted process that "Might" get it running. However,
it is probably wrong to help anyone get Symantec software to
work on their PC. The better answer is going to be to return the
product and get other solutions. A PC is for you to use, not to
administer non-stop to get something you paid money for to just
work.

This isn't a Norton/Symantec support venue. But, after XP it is
the most commonly requested 3rd-party program that users
come here to seek remedies.

"rammytel" <rammytel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have tried to uninstall norton antivius 2005 and reinstall it again but
> no luck! Every time i start Outlook 2003, i get the message "must install
> Norton Antivirus msi through setup". i can't install the software and
> when i
> try to get rid of the offending files via regseeker to get rid of norton
> and
> symantec entries, it does not make any difference. i note there is a file
> called msie.exe or similar. this apparently is loading when i run outlook
> 2003. also, i have uninstalled outlook and all the other office
> applications
> and resinstalled but i still get the message "must install Norton
> Antivirus
> msi through setup". i would very much like to solve this problem and to
> be
> able to install the norton anitvirus with the firewall as soon as possible
> without having to format my hard drive and setting up Win XP Pro and all
> that
> goes with it. please, can anyone help?
> --
> Thank you for your help!
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 1:25:39 PM

"=?Utf-8?B?cmFtbXl0ZWw=?=" <rammytel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> i have tried to uninstall norton antivius 2005 and reinstall it again
> but to no luck! Every time i start Outlook 2003, i get the message
> "must install Norton Antivirus msi through setup". i can't install
> the software and when i try to get rid of the offending files via
> regseeker to get rid of norton and symantec entries, it does not make
> any difference. i note there is a file called msie.exe or similar.
> this apparently is loading when i run outlook 2003. also, i have
> uninstalled outlook and all the other office applications and
> resinstalled but i still get the message "must install Norton
> Antivirus msi through setup". i would very much like to solve this
> problem and to be able to install the norton anitvirus with the
> firewall as soon as possible without having to format my hard drive
> and setting up Win XP Pro and all that goes with it. please, can
> anyone help?

here is the link tot he norton removal tool:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/doci...
Open&src=bar_sch_nam&docid=2004020314035036
&nsf=tsgeninfo.nsf&view=docid&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=
!