Microsoft Power Point Clip art

I bought microsoft power point and when i am trying to add in clip art, and
when i click to drag/copy a picture, a note comes up with "the feature you
are trying to use is on a CDROM or removable device that is not avaible." I
put the cd in and it works, but when i take it out i get the same message.
How can i fix this?

Thanks, Chris

Malke

Grannysman wrote:

> I bought microsoft power point and when i am trying to add in clip
> art, and when i click to drag/copy a picture, a note comes up with
> "the feature you
> are trying to use is on a CDROM or removable device that is not
> avaible." I put the cd in and it works, but when i take it out i get
> the same message. How can i fix this?
>
> Thanks, Chris

When you install MS Office - or parts of it like PowerPoint - you are
given a choice during the first part of the install for a standard
install or a custom install. Most people take the standard. This
installs Office with only the most commonly used functions, with the
other ones only available on the CD. That is why you get asked for the
CD - the function you want to use isn't installed on the hard drive.

Go to Add/Remove Programs (Control Panel), highlight the MS Office (or
PowerPoint if you only installed PowerPoint) entry and click Change.
You'll be given the opportunity to add functions. You want to make
PowerPoint - "Run All From My Computer". That will copy the files
needed to your hard drive and you won't get the message any more.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Reinstall PowerPoint selecting to install ALL files on your
hard drive, a minimal install leaves many files on the CD to
save hard drive space.

some support

"Grannysman" <Grannysman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message