win2000 PW recovery?

How can I get password to get into Win2000 on my old work Dell latitude PII
PC?

I dont know admin password for Win2000 laptop and now my personnel password
doesnt work any longer either.

I DO NOT have any Win2000 CDs to create a boot disk.

I did my best Google to find a solution and found a admin password solution
with this:
http://www.lostpassword.com/windows-xp-2000-nt.htm

Unfortunately it requires a boot disk which I need the Win2000 install disk
for...again I have no disks.

If I can get it runninf, laptop will be fine for me to use a Backup server
to drive external HD on my home LAN. I dont want to spend $200 for XP OS
for this when Dell Latitude PII is pretty worthless, and I can buy a brand
new PC P4 from Dell for about 150 more. Also I dont want to go the steep
learning curve to put Linux on it.

Any help appreciated.
Thank you

> How can I get password to get into Win2000 on my old work Dell latitude PII
> PC?

Search for Hirens Boot CD

Download Pettar Nordahl's NT password cracker, either bootable floppy or
bootable CD. Follow the instructions to make the bootable media, boot the
system and clear out the admin password or set it to what you'd like.

The developer's name works just fine for a Google search... Ben Myers

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 14:49:01 -0800, "jtsnow" <jtsnow@yahoo.com> wrote:

>How can I get password to get into Win2000 on my old work Dell latitude PII
>PC?
>
>I dont know admin password for Win2000 laptop and now my personnel password
>doesnt work any longer either.
>
>I DO NOT have any Win2000 CDs to create a boot disk.
>
>I did my best Google to find a solution and found a admin password solution
>with this:
>http://www.lostpassword.com/windows-xp-2000-nt.htm
>
>Unfortunately it requires a boot disk which I need the Win2000 install disk
>for...again I have no disks.
>
>If I can get it runninf, laptop will be fine for me to use a Backup server
>to drive external HD on my home LAN. I dont want to spend $200 for XP OS
>for this when Dell Latitude PII is pretty worthless, and I can buy a brand
>new PC P4 from Dell for about 150 more. Also I dont want to go the steep
>learning curve to put Linux on it.
>
>Any help appreciated.
>Thank you

thanks...thats what I tried to get the url in the original posting I did.
If you go through the instruction, it then has a URL to make a boot disk and
the instruction require that one has the original win2000 install disk to
make the boot.

If you know of another way without the win2000 disk I would love to know.

thanks!
..

> Download Pettar Nordahl's NT password cracker, either bootable floppy or
> bootable CD. Follow the instructions to make the bootable media, boot the
> system and clear out the admin password or set it to what you'd like.
>
> The developer's name works just fine for a Google search... Ben Myers
>
> On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 14:49:01 -0800, "jtsnow" <jtsnow@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>How can I get password to get into Win2000 on my old work Dell latitude
>>PII
>>PC?
>>
>>I dont know admin password for Win2000 laptop and now my personnel
>>password
>>doesnt work any longer either.
>>
>>I DO NOT have any Win2000 CDs to create a boot disk.
>>
>>I did my best Google to find a solution and found a admin password
>>solution
>>with this:
>>http://www.lostpassword.com/windows-xp-2000-nt.htm
>>
>>Unfortunately it requires a boot disk which I need the Win2000 install
>>disk
>>for...again I have no disks.
>>
>>If I can get it runninf, laptop will be fine for me to use a Backup
>>server
>>to drive external HD on my home LAN. I dont want to spend $200 for XP OS
>>for this when Dell Latitude PII is pretty worthless, and I can buy a brand
>>new PC P4 from Dell for about 150 more. Also I dont want to go the steep
>>learning curve to put Linux on it.
>>
>>Any help appreciated.
>>Thank you

plus it looks like you have to buy it for $200. So bottom line there is it
would be better over all just to go buy a brand new dell PC P4 XP for
another $150.
> Download Pettar Nordahl's NT password cracker, either bootable floppy or
> bootable CD. Follow the instructions to make the bootable media, boot the
> system and clear out the admin password or set it to what you'd like.
>
> The developer's name works just fine for a Google search... Ben Myers
>
> On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 14:49:01 -0800, "jtsnow" <jtsnow@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>How can I get password to get into Win2000 on my old work Dell latitude
>>PII
>>PC?
>>
>>I dont know admin password for Win2000 laptop and now my personnel
>>password
>>doesnt work any longer either.
>>
>>I DO NOT have any Win2000 CDs to create a boot disk.
>>
>>I did my best Google to find a solution and found a admin password
>>solution
>>with this:
>>http://www.lostpassword.com/windows-xp-2000-nt.htm
>>
>>Unfortunately it requires a boot disk which I need the Win2000 install
>>disk
>>for...again I have no disks.
>>
>>If I can get it runninf, laptop will be fine for me to use a Backup
>>server
>>to drive external HD on my home LAN. I dont want to spend $200 for XP OS
>>for this when Dell Latitude PII is pretty worthless, and I can buy a brand
>>new PC P4 from Dell for about 150 more. Also I dont want to go the steep
>>learning curve to put Linux on it.
>>
>>Any help appreciated.
>>Thank you

Sorry. I misspelled the author's name. My Norwegian isn't very good. Here is
the URL you want:

The web page tells exactly how to make a boot floppy (or CD) with the software
on it. You do not need any other software to do this. Trust me on this one. I
use this software all the time dealing with clients who mess up passwords, lock
themselves out of their systems, etc.

It's Petter Nordahl, BTW.

.... Ben Myers

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 16:34:08 -0800, "jtsnow" <jtsnow@yahoo.com> wrote:

>plus it looks like you have to buy it for $200. So bottom line there is it
>would be better over all just to go buy a brand new dell PC P4 XP for
>another $150.
>> Download Pettar Nordahl's NT password cracker, either bootable floppy or
>> bootable CD. Follow the instructions to make the bootable media, boot the
>> system and clear out the admin password or set it to what you'd like.
>>
>> The developer's name works just fine for a Google search... Ben Myers
>>
>> On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 14:49:01 -0800, "jtsnow" <jtsnow@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>>How can I get password to get into Win2000 on my old work Dell latitude
>>>PII
>>>PC?
>>>
>>>I dont know admin password for Win2000 laptop and now my personnel
>>>password
>>>doesnt work any longer either.
>>>
>>>I DO NOT have any Win2000 CDs to create a boot disk.
>>>
>>>I did my best Google to find a solution and found a admin password
>>>solution
>>>with this:
>>>http://www.lostpassword.com/windows-xp-2000-nt.htm
>>>
>>>Unfortunately it requires a boot disk which I need the Win2000 install
>>>disk
>>>for...again I have no disks.
>>>
>>>If I can get it runninf, laptop will be fine for me to use a Backup
>>>server
>>>to drive external HD on my home LAN. I dont want to spend $200 for XP OS
>>>for this when Dell Latitude PII is pretty worthless, and I can buy a brand
>>>new PC P4 from Dell for about 150 more. Also I dont want to go the steep
>>>learning curve to put Linux on it.
>>>
>>>Any help appreciated.
>>>Thank you

thankyou....yes it works great!. i got access now....no password issues.

thanks again!