RPC Server not available

August 21, 2005 10:45:04 AM

When trying to install DSL I received the message RPC Server not available.
What does this mean and does anyone have any idea on how I might fix it?
Thank you.

More about : rpc server

Anonymous
August 21, 2005 5:43:01 PM

Make sure that the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service is set to Automatic
and started.

Start | Run | Type: services.msc | Click OK |
Scroll down to and double click: Remote Procedure Call (RPC) |
In the Startup Type field, select Automatic | Click Apply |
Click the Start button | Click OK

You receive a "The RPC server is unavailable" error message when you open
Disk Management in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884564

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:692C3BD1-A5EB-4C76-A0E4-E9040BD59C09@microsoft.com,
solly <solly@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> When trying to install DSL I received the message RPC Server not
> available. What does this mean and does anyone have any idea on how I
> might fix it? Thank you.
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 7:34:56 PM

Hi,

Click start/run, type cmd and click ok. Then from the prompt, run:

net start RpcSs

What happens?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"solly" <solly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When trying to install DSL I received the message RPC Server not
> available.
> What does this mean and does anyone have any idea on how I might fix it?
> Thank you.
Related resources
November 3, 2012 4:25:40 AM

open run>msconfig.exe>cLick Normal Startup!!!it works on ME!!!!!!!!!
November 3, 2012 6:14:44 AM

huntington said:
open run>msconfig.exe>cLick Normal Startup!!!it works on ME!!!!!!!!!

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

If they haven't fixed their problem in seven years, they may not be looking.

Good advice is welcome in Tom's but necro posting is frowned on because it just clutters up the Forum.

!