I assume these are created during a new program installation. Can I get rid
of these? Some are well over a year old and many are quite large.

Thanks.

Log files, especially install.log files, should not be deleted.
If you delete them, you'll no longer have the ability to uninstall
the programs you have installed. The log is created so the uninstall
program can find the program entries in the registry.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP