Terrible problem....

Alex_L_29

Honorable
May 12, 2012
Hey everybody,
Today mkorning i've installed a win7 theme but start button didnt change so i tried the special app and accidently clicked on restore oryginal explorer, and after that everything disappeared. When i reboot i see black screen and cursor. Task menager and all other functioms are working but i cant get to f.e my comp, C drive ecc. I tried new task /explorer.exe but it didnt work. Please help i cant work with this ... Please...
Thank you for help, alex :(

If you have the task manager(Or can push Start + R), try to run "sfc /scannow " in cmd.exe

Chances are when your restored it restored some older version of explorer or something.

Here is the problem, You NEED to be an admin for this to work, so try to use browse(never done this without explorer) to see if you can actually look for cmd.exe in the c:\windows\system32(even on 64 bit windows this will be the 64 bit cmd.exe) folder. If you can see that file, right click it and "run as administrator".

If this fails, and you are lucky enough to have system restore on, try this.

from run(Start + R) enter rstrui.exe

Pick a date before this hell happened and hope for the best.

then try system restore?

I clearly said that you may or may not have the ability to browse from the run window(due to the missing/corrupt explorer).

That said, Explorer does not manage right clicking. After all you can right click in the task manager and even in the command prompt.

The windows recovery console(works just like the Command Prompt) may also work for you and can be accessed from a Windows DVD or Recovery DVD/CD.

Latest posts