Cache

When I try to download my cell phone bill I receive a message stating that
the site cannot download because the file cannot be written to the cache.
I've cleared my internet files, but that did not work. I was able to
download and old invoice, but now I receive the same message for that as
well. Does anybody know how to fix this problem?

Put your website in the Trusted sites list.
In Internet Explorer, from main menu , select Tools ,Internet Options ,

Security Tab. Then click on green icon Trusted Sites/click Sites button.

Look very closely at line that says:

"Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone" to *clear* the selection.
(e.g. You want that to be un-checked (un-ticked)).

In the "Add this Web site to the zone:" field, add these entries to list of "Trusted Sites" --

Now add the website address where you get the invoice.

Another thing to keep in mind, is that some pages generated at HTTPS addresses (secure sites) cannot easily be saved to your system.

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

Red Brand wrote:
> When I try to download my cell phone bill I receive a message stating
> that the site cannot download because the file cannot be written to
> the cache. I've cleared my internet files, but that did not work. I
> was able to download and old invoice, but now I receive the same
> message for that as well. Does anybody know how to fix this problem?

rajsharan

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
Looks like this is a bug in IE.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/812935

If you are a developer and looking for solution to get around this, the best way is
"To work around this problem, make sure that Do Not Save Encrypted Files check box is not checked and that the server does not send the "Cache-Control: No Store" or the "Cache-Control: No Cache" header. "

Firefox doesnt have this issue.

~Sharan Rajendran