Status
Not open for further replies.

mii7303

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
Hi. I am going to try to get a laptop and i was wondering if i can, with a new dell, reformat the laptop with windows seven pre-installed on it and install a Windows XP Pro OS on it. (I do have access to dell XP disks) or would it crash the computer? I would also like to know if i could use a normal XP disk. I have NOT bought a laptop yet and this will affect my choosing if I should buy a Dell.

I am still running XP myself, but I am wondering, why would you want to take a new laptop with Windows 7 installed, and go backwards to XP? If it came with Vista, I would certainly understand that in many ways, I am not sure the reasoning with Windows 7?
On another note, I would not buy a laptop from anyone that was not willing to load the OS of my choice on to it. I am kind of a "if you want my money, you will sell me exactly what I want, or you don't get my money" kind of person, no matter what it is I am buying.

mii7303

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009

I looked at those and they are too expensive. I want one in the $500 range.

mii7303

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009

I have been using windows xp all my life and i don't know if i could get used to win 7

Status
Not open for further replies.