8400 can't burn DVD - second posting

After using cd21.exe, downloaded from dell.com, to flash the Philips
DVD burner's firmware I successfull burned one DVD to about half
capacity. Burn speed went from 4x before flash to 15x afterward. Then
three failures with the same Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 message:

Errors occurred during the recording:
Disc 1 of 10
"D: PHILIPS DVD+-rw DVD87631 ('Session Fixation Error while writing
lead in - Medium error.' [03/72/01])"

Disc progress 99%. Next two attempts zero percent, same error report.
System restarted before each attempt. Using Verbatim DVD+R discs.

How do I get this to work? The incessant failures are costing me a lot
of time.

--David

Why don't you try it with Nero?

<David Ellis> schreef in bericht
> After using cd21.exe, downloaded from dell.com, to flash the Philips
> DVD burner's firmware I successfull burned one DVD to about half
> capacity. Burn speed went from 4x before flash to 15x afterward. Then
> three failures with the same Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 message:
>
> Errors occurred during the recording:
> Disc 1 of 10
> "D: PHILIPS DVD+-rw DVD87631 ('Session Fixation Error while writing
> lead in - Medium error.' [03/72/01])"
>
> Disc progress 99%. Next two attempts zero percent, same error report.
> System restarted before each attempt. Using Verbatim DVD+R discs.
>
> How do I get this to work? The incessant failures are costing me a lot
> of time.
>
> --David

Tellme

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

I went through the same process. In desperation I finally got Dell to
replace the burner. So far it will burn DVD +R but still not -R. So
far I can live with that.

Why Dell still insists on using the Phillips recorders with all the
problems they have had and replacing them is beyond me.

>After using cd21.exe, downloaded from dell.com, to flash the Philips
>DVD burner's firmware I successfull burned one DVD to about half
>capacity. Burn speed went from 4x before flash to 15x afterward. Then
>three failures with the same Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 message:
>
>Errors occurred during the recording:
>Disc 1 of 10
>"D: PHILIPS DVD+-rw DVD87631 ('Session Fixation Error while writing
>lead in - Medium error.' [03/72/01])"
>
>Disc progress 99%. Next two attempts zero percent, same error report.
>System restarted before each attempt. Using Verbatim DVD+R discs.
>
>How do I get this to work? The incessant failures are costing me a lot
>of time.
>
>--David

Tellme

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

I used Nero, NTI and most everything I could think of nothing worked.
Sounds to me he has the same problem I did. A faulty burner.

>Why don't you try it with Nero?
>

><David Ellis> schreef in bericht
>> After using cd21.exe, downloaded from dell.com, to flash the Philips
>> DVD burner's firmware I successfull burned one DVD to about half
>> capacity. Burn speed went from 4x before flash to 15x afterward. Then
>> three failures with the same Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 message:
>>
>> Errors occurred during the recording:
>> Disc 1 of 10
>> "D: PHILIPS DVD+-rw DVD87631 ('Session Fixation Error while writing
>> lead in - Medium error.' [03/72/01])"
>>
>> Disc progress 99%. Next two attempts zero percent, same error report.
>> System restarted before each attempt. Using Verbatim DVD+R discs.
>>
>> How do I get this to work? The incessant failures are costing me a lot
>> of time.
>>
>> --David

It isn't a Philips drive. It is a re-badged BenQ 1620 drive. The best drive
(after Plextor) on the market today. Try to flash it with a Benq firmware. I
did too, and get perfect results.

I will post link.

Harrie

http://dvdpro.club.st/firmware/BENQ_FW.htm

> Harrie
>

> "tellme" <whois@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
>>I went through the same process. In desperation I finally got Dell to
>> replace the burner. So far it will burn DVD +R but still not -R. So
>> far I can live with that.
>>
>> Why Dell still insists on using the Phillips recorders with all the
>> problems they have had and replacing them is beyond me.

>>>After using cd21.exe, downloaded from dell.com, to flash the Philips
>>>DVD burner's firmware I successfull burned one DVD to about half
>>>capacity. Burn speed went from 4x before flash to 15x afterward. Then
>>>three failures with the same Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 message:
>>>
>>>Errors occurred during the recording:
>>>Disc 1 of 10
>>>"D: PHILIPS DVD+-rw DVD87631 ('Session Fixation Error while writing
>>>lead in - Medium error.' [03/72/01])"
>>>
>>>Disc progress 99%. Next two attempts zero percent, same error report.
>>>System restarted before each attempt. Using Verbatim DVD+R discs.
>>>
>>>How do I get this to work? The incessant failures are costing me a lot
>>>of time.
>>>
>>>--David

Dell has commited to replace the Philips burner in my 8400.