Passwords

I haven't used my personal computer since college in May. Now after the
summer i forgot my password to log on to windows xp. Is there a way I can
over-ride my old password so i can get on?
2 answers Last reply
More about passwords

    Katie wrote:

    > I haven't used my personal computer since college in May. Now after the
    > summer i forgot my password to log on to windows xp. Is there a way I can
    > over-ride my old password so i can get on?

    See this link. Should be something there to help you:

    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Katie wrote:

    > I haven't used my personal computer since college in May. Now
    > after the summer i forgot my password to log on to windows xp.
    > Is there a way I can over-ride my old password so i can get on?
    Hi,

    Try to log on with the builtin Administrator user:

    How to Log On to Windows XP If You Forget Your Password or Your
    Password Expires
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;321305

    If you have a password issue, you might try to reset the local
    Administrator password with one of the methods mentioned here
    (you might need to create the boot cd/floppy on another computer):

    http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Microsoft Windows XP