katie

I haven't used my personal computer since college in May. Now after the
summer i forgot my password to log on to windows xp. Is there a way I can
over-ride my old password so i can get on?

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Katie wrote:

> I haven't used my personal computer since college in May. Now after the
> summer i forgot my password to log on to windows xp. Is there a way I can
> over-ride my old password so i can get on?

See this link. Should be something there to help you:

Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Katie wrote:

> I haven't used my personal computer since college in May. Now
> after the summer i forgot my password to log on to windows xp.
> Is there a way I can over-ride my old password so i can get on?
Hi,

Try to log on with the builtin Administrator user:

How to Log On to Windows XP If You Forget Your Password or Your
Password Expires
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;321305

If you have a password issue, you might try to reset the local
Administrator password with one of the methods mentioned here
(you might need to create the boot cd/floppy on another computer):

http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: