Sign in with
Your question

Windows Crashed...

Last response: in Windows 7
November 1, 2012 3:32:58 PM

I built my computer about a year ago, and it is running fine. The only problem is that when I went to start it up, I got the blue screen telling me that it crashed. I reset my comp, and I restored it. The only thing that would make sense to me is a Virus or my motherboard, and I bought a cheap mobo when I built it. This is my mobo that I have in my computer currently http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... . I am running a Norton scan currently, but if a virus doesnt show up, What should I do to insure that my hardware will be safe inside my computer?

More about : windows crashed

a b $ Windows 7
November 1, 2012 4:42:46 PM

Did you install or remove any hardware recently? This can cause blue screens. Also faulty RAM can cause weird errors. What does "restored it" mean? Did you re-install windows or just use a restore point?
m
l
November 1, 2012 4:46:06 PM

If you want to keep the hardware safe. 1.) Put it on a surge protector and 2.) Be sure it gets adequate cooling.
m
l
Related resources
November 1, 2012 5:36:14 PM

I have a surge protector on, and I have a really good heatsink. When I mean I restored it, I mean that windows restored my computer to a later version. No I will not try malwarebytes. Norton is the best
m
l
November 1, 2012 5:41:03 PM

can you post the bluescreen error?
m
l
November 1, 2012 7:04:32 PM

CaineWilson said:
No I will not try malwarebytes. Norton is the best

How can you be so sure if you never tested it?

m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 1, 2012 7:10:34 PM

CaineWilson said:
No I will not try malwarebytes. Norton is the best

Nortons an antivirus. Malwarebytes scans for malware (similar but the work differently). It wouldn't be a bad idea to try both.

Don't think the issue is related to a virus thou.. imo. If you post the bluescreen error like others have said that will help a lot in figuring this out. Most common bluescreens are memory or driver issues.
m
l
!