Windows Crashed...

I built my computer about a year ago, and it is running fine. The only problem is that when I went to start it up, I got the blue screen telling me that it crashed. I reset my comp, and I restored it. The only thing that would make sense to me is a Virus or my motherboard, and I bought a cheap mobo when I built it. This is my mobo that I have in my computer currently http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138298 . I am running a Norton scan currently, but if a virus doesnt show up, What should I do to insure that my hardware will be safe inside my computer?
8 answers Last reply
More about windows crashed
  1. Did you install or remove any hardware recently? This can cause blue screens. Also faulty RAM can cause weird errors. What does "restored it" mean? Did you re-install windows or just use a restore point?
  2. If you want to keep the hardware safe. 1.) Put it on a surge protector and 2.) Be sure it gets adequate cooling.
  3. I have a surge protector on, and I have a really good heatsink. When I mean I restored it, I mean that windows restored my computer to a later version. No I will not try malwarebytes. Norton is the best
  4. can you post the bluescreen error?
  5. CaineWilson said:
    No I will not try malwarebytes. Norton is the best

How can you be so sure if you never tested it?
  6. CaineWilson said:
    No I will not try malwarebytes. Norton is the best

Nortons an antivirus. Malwarebytes scans for malware (similar but the work differently). It wouldn't be a bad idea to try both.

Don't think the issue is related to a virus thou.. imo. If you post the bluescreen error like others have said that will help a lot in figuring this out. Most common bluescreens are memory or driver issues.
  7. try this to see what will it report for the bsod and it's free http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed that the only way to help you more we need more details on the crash
Ask a new question

Read More

Virus Computers Windows 7 Product