how do I remove the recycled folder on my camera?

My camera as suddenly developed a "recycled" folder and it will not let me
delete it. It just takes up space on my memory card. The closest I have
come to emptying it is to delete the files with the same name listed on my C
drive Recycle bin. But the recyled folder remains, as does the INFO2 and
Thumbs.db files. I would rather that deleted files go to the C recycle bin
rather than a folder on the camera. Cam I get rid of the recycle bin on the
camera? (I can't check the box "do not move files to the recycled bin" on
the camera drive -- it is grayed out). Should I se;ect "configure drives
independently"?
3 answers Last reply
More about remove recycled folder camera

    It's worse than I thought: I just noticed that the pictures I deleted from
    my camera's memory card are not only in the camera's recycled folder -- they
    are in the recylced folders of my C drive and all removable devices connected
    to my computer!

    Xenophile wrote:
    > My camera as suddenly developed a "recycled" folder and it will not let me
    > delete it. It just takes up space on my memory card. The closest I have
    > come to emptying it is to delete the files with the same name listed on my C
    > drive Recycle bin. But the recyled folder remains, as does the INFO2 and
    > Thumbs.db files. I would rather that deleted files go to the C recycle bin
    > rather than a folder on the camera. Cam I get rid of the recycle bin on the
    > camera? (I can't check the box "do not move files to the recycled bin" on
    > the camera drive -- it is grayed out). Should I se;ect "configure drives
    > independently"?

    Yes, select configure drives independently.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Does your camera have an option to format the memory card? If so, that
    should do the trick.

    "Xenophile" <Xenophile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My camera as suddenly developed a "recycled" folder and it will not let me
    > delete it. It just takes up space on my memory card. The closest I have
    > come to emptying it is to delete the files with the same name listed on my
    > drive Recycle bin. But the recyled folder remains, as does the INFO2 and
    > Thumbs.db files. I would rather that deleted files go to the C recycle
    bin
    > rather than a folder on the camera. Cam I get rid of the recycle bin on
    the
    > camera? (I can't check the box "do not move files to the recycled bin" on
    > the camera drive -- it is grayed out). Should I se;ect "configure drives
    > independently"?

Cameras Microsoft Windows XP