how do I remove the recycled folder on my camera?

August 21, 2005 2:54:02 PM

My camera as suddenly developed a "recycled" folder and it will not let me
delete it. It just takes up space on my memory card. The closest I have
come to emptying it is to delete the files with the same name listed on my C
drive Recycle bin. But the recyled folder remains, as does the INFO2 and
Thumbs.db files. I would rather that deleted files go to the C recycle bin
rather than a folder on the camera. Cam I get rid of the recycle bin on the
camera? (I can't check the box "do not move files to the recycled bin" on
the camera drive -- it is grayed out). Should I se;ect "configure drives
independently"?
August 21, 2005 2:59:02 PM

It's worse than I thought: I just noticed that the pictures I deleted from
my camera's memory card are not only in the camera's recycled folder -- they
are in the recylced folders of my C drive and all removable devices connected
to my computer!

"Xenophile" wrote:

> My camera as suddenly developed a "recycled" folder and it will not let me
> delete it. It just takes up space on my memory card. The closest I have
> come to emptying it is to delete the files with the same name listed on my C
> drive Recycle bin. But the recyled folder remains, as does the INFO2 and
> Thumbs.db files. I would rather that deleted files go to the C recycle bin
> rather than a folder on the camera. Cam I get rid of the recycle bin on the
> camera? (I can't check the box "do not move files to the recycled bin" on
> the camera drive -- it is grayed out). Should I se;ect "configure drives
> independently"?
August 21, 2005 3:24:50 PM

Xenophile wrote:
> My camera as suddenly developed a "recycled" folder and it will not let me
> delete it. It just takes up space on my memory card. The closest I have
> come to emptying it is to delete the files with the same name listed on my C
> drive Recycle bin. But the recyled folder remains, as does the INFO2 and
> Thumbs.db files. I would rather that deleted files go to the C recycle bin
> rather than a folder on the camera. Cam I get rid of the recycle bin on the
> camera? (I can't check the box "do not move files to the recycled bin" on
> the camera drive -- it is grayed out). Should I se;ect "configure drives
> independently"?

Yes, select configure drives independently.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Does your camera have an option to format the memory card? If so, that
should do the trick.

!