CPU running too hot??

Buddyroe333

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2002
Okay, first off, I'm not overclocking or anything, but I've noticed the past few days that one of my fans was making more noise than usual. *I have on the CPU and a case one* so I downloaded Motherboard Monitor, and this is what it said...
Sensor 1 - 26C
Sensor 2 - 35C
Sensor 3 - 64C
And in the bios the 64 is what is being reported. I'm running an Athlon 1700XP... is this too hot?

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
If a fan is making extra noise then it is probably because the bearing is going, so you'd probably want to replace that fan anyway since likely you will have to sooner or later regardless.

"<i>Yeah, if you treat them like equals, it'll only encourage them to think they <b>ARE</b> your equals.</i>" - Thief from <A HREF="http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=030603" target="_new">8-Bit Theater</A>

JimmyDean

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2003
If you have an msi motherboard then its not too hot. for some reason the msi mobos are kind of messed up. The correct temp sensors are as follows
sensor 1 = internal case temp, a probe very near the northbridge
sensor 2= some power sensor, no clue where its located
sensor 3= cpu, probe right under the cpu in the middle of the socket

<i>Royal Fusileres, Company C</i>

Buddyroe333

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2002
The fan did start making a noise, so I switched it out with one of my fans from an older computer. It's now running at about 54-56c.... is that still too hot to run it until I get my paycheck in two weeks and pick up a new fan??