Using D/dock from dell D800 with inspiron 8600

Hi folks,

Does anybody know a way to fix the bios lock of inspiron 8600 for use of the
big dockingstation (D/dock)?

With the C/dock there is a soltuion flashing the latitude bios in the
inspiron.
It's really stupid forbidding using a device with a "cheaper" laptop (8600
<-> D800) !

regards,
Thomas

walter

I'm using the large port replicator, not sure if its the D/dock. I didn't
have to do anything to my 8600 for it to work.

"Thomas Stoklasek" <nospam12@chello.at> wrote in

> Hi folks,
>
> Does anybody know a way to fix the bios lock of inspiron 8600 for use
> of the big dockingstation (D/dock)?

Hi Walter,

You have this dockingstation (with powersupply and PCI) working on your
8600?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q16B5285A

Would you please check your bios release of your 8600 (appearing at booting)
, and if possible of the d/dock too, for me?

It seems my bios (A11) does not work with the d/dock.

regards,
Thomas