Cam & Keyboard Help Please

August 21, 2005 10:09:26 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hello There :-)
Every time I install my webcam my keyboard stops working. I'd be grateful
for any clues as to what's going wrong.
Regards
TC

More about : cam keyboard

Anonymous
August 21, 2005 10:09:27 PM

"T.C." <shadowmere@REMOVEntlworld.com> wrote in message news:qr3Oe.2$tB5.1@newsfe6-win.ntli.net...
> Hello There :-)
> Every time I install my webcam my keyboard stops working. I'd be grateful
> for any clues as to what's going wrong.
> Regards
> TC

Help us out here. Tell us about your system.
One stab in the dark: Try plugging your webcam into
another pair of USB ports.

-- Bob Day
http://bobday.vze.com
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 10:09:27 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi,

more details would be helpful !

Like are both USB ?
Where do you connect them ?
Directly to your computer or via a USB Hub ?
Is the USB Hub self-powered ?

If your motherboard has a VIA chipset, you might need to update the Bios to
correct USB problems.

Hope this helps,

Tom