I would like to try it out. I have a box that I can use for testing (non
critical) but I just reinstalled everything and would rather not do it again
(no ghost or image software to easily redo). So is it stable enough that I
can play with it for a little while until the office version comes out?

--
BigK wrote this.

This message is shareware.
If you read it, please send $100.

You could try an imaging program like Image For Windows
http://terabyteunlimited.com/imagew.html The trial lasts 30 days which will
give you time to play with IE 7. If you like Image For windows it is quite
inexpensive.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

BigK wrote:
> I would like to try it out. I have a box that I can use for testing
> (non critical) but I just reinstalled everything and would rather not
> do it again (no ghost or image software to easily redo). So is it
> stable enough that I can play with it for a little while until the
> office version comes out?

IE7 is beta software. A good description for beta is unstable, unreliable, no guarantees, etc.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

kelly

Runs without a hitch here on my systems.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"BigK" <bigk@bellsouth.com> wrote in message
>I would like to try it out. I have a box that I can use for testing (non
>critical) but I just reinstalled everything and would rather not do it
>again (no ghost or image software to easily redo). So is it stable enough
>that I can play with it for a little while until the office version comes
>out?
>
> --
> BigK wrote this.
>
> This message is shareware.
> If you read it, please send $100.

Agreed, though I am finding that hard to apply in the case of IE7.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" <ronv@mvps.org> wrote in message
BigK wrote:
> I would like to try it out. I have a box that I can use for testing
> (non critical) but I just reinstalled everything and would rather not
> do it again (no ghost or image software to easily redo). So is it
> stable enough that I can play with it for a little while until the
> office version comes out?

IE7 is beta software. A good description for beta is unstable, unreliable,
no guarantees, etc.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Just a few minor issues but stable. Still it is only on my non production test systems and since it is a Beta and as they say a Beta is a Beta for this reason I will not and nobody should install it on a production machine .

--
Peter

"BigK" <bigk@bellsouth.com> wrote in message news:e7DU$2npFHA.2472@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I would like to try it out. I have a box that I can use for testing (non
> critical) but I just reinstalled everything and would rather not do it again
> (no ghost or image software to easily redo). So is it stable enough that I
> can play with it for a little while until the office version comes out?
>
> --
> BigK wrote this.
>
> This message is shareware.
> If you read it, please send $100.

>"Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>Just a few minor issues but stable. Still it is only on my non production
>test systems and since it is a Beta and as they say a Beta is a Beta >for
>this reason I will not and nobody should install it on a production
>machine .

You're right. I would not install on my laptop which I use for work. It
will be on a desktop which is my "play" machine.