Remove specific registry keys with batch command

Hello, All!
Is it possible to delete four registry keys with the help of a batch
command. `Data Miner' (2 keys & 2 values) appears in the registry. I have
Ad-aware & SpyBot. I am aware of the program which adds these keys. Wish to
add the batch file in the system startup. Any help would be appreciated.

With best regards, Brother Brock. E-mail: Nobodyknows@unknown.com
4 answers Last reply
More about remove specific registry keys batch command

    Brother Brock wrote:

    > Hello, All!
    > Is it possible to delete four registry keys with the help of a batch
    > command. `Data Miner' (2 keys & 2 values) appears in the registry. I have
    > Ad-aware & SpyBot. I am aware of the program which adds these keys. Wish to
    > add the batch file in the system startup. Any help would be appreciated.

    Hi,

    In a command prompt, please run the following command:

    reg.exe delete /?

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

    Type reg /? in a command prompt.

    Type REG DELETE /? in a command prompt.

    Reg
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/reg.mspx

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:erk44GopFHA.3304@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    Brother Brock <Nobodyknows@unknown.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Hello, All!
    > Is it possible to delete four registry keys with the help of a batch
    > command. `Data Miner' (2 keys & 2 values) appears in the registry. I have
    > Ad-aware & SpyBot. I am aware of the program which adds these keys. Wish
    > to add the batch file in the system startup. Any help would be
    > appreciated.
    >
    > With best regards, Brother Brock. E-mail: Nobodyknows@unknown.com

    Open the command prompt window and type the following,followed by
    pressing the enter key:-
    reg.exe delete /?

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    Brother Brock wrote:

    > Hello, All!
    > Is it possible to delete four registry keys with the help of a batch
    > command. `Data Miner' (2 keys & 2 values) appears in the registry. I have
    > Ad-aware & SpyBot. I am aware of the program which adds these keys. Wish to
    > add the batch file in the system startup. Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > With best regards, Brother Brock. E-mail: Nobodyknows@unknown.com

  4. Quote:

    Hello, All!
    Is it possible to delete four registry keys with the help of a batch
    command. `Data Miner' (2 keys & 2 values) appears in the registry. I have
    Ad-aware & SpyBot. I am aware of the program which adds these keys. Wish to
    add the batch file in the system startup. Any help would be appreciated.

    With best regards, Brother Brock. E-mail: Nobodyknows@unknown.com

    To delete a specific regstry value, (in this case from HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache) simply type:

    REG DELETE HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache /v NAME

    Where NAME is the name of the value.

    NOTE: Be careful not to confuse the NAME of the value, with the data in it.

Registry Command Prompt Windows XP