Hi, why is it that my laptop has a variety of diff langauges (via the
regional and language settings) compared to another computer.

eg, the arabic language appears on the laptop but not on the computer, on
the list of languages that i can install.

both are running xp, laptop home edition, and the computer is professional ed.

regards

Windows XP in Your Language
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/expert/honeycutt_03april28.mspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Pinto1uk" wrote:

| Hi, why is it that my laptop has a variety of diff langauges (via the
| regional and language settings) compared to another computer.
|
| eg, the arabic language appears on the laptop but not on the computer, on
| the list of languages that i can install.
|
| both are running xp, laptop home edition, and the computer is professional ed.
|
| regards

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 15:45:56 -0500, "Carey Frisch [MVP]"
<cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote:

>Windows XP in Your Language
>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/expert/honeycutt_03april28.mspx

Huh...

The part of the article, that answers the original question, says:

"Don't forget to install the fonts on the Languages tab (complex for Hebrew,
Arabic, Russian, or Asian for Chinese and other Asian languages.)"

It's interesting, how I do work with no problems in Russian, having no this
item checked in non-localized version of WinXP. :-D

Probably because Russian is complex not for computer (BTW, no more complex for
it than, say, German or French: the same formal rules), but...? ;)

--
Mikhail Zhilin,
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)