Overlay Question:

I'm installing an overlay on a Bally Eight Ball. The table is sanded and
ready for Polyurethane. My question is this:

Does the overlay stretch enough to lay down in the ball shooter groove? The
groove in the shooter lane is pretty deep. I thought about filling the
groove, but then the ball won't center on the shooter plunger. I could slit
the overlay to lay it in the groove, but that would leave a gap. Or do I
just cut off the wood part of the overlay in the shooter area? I would
really appreciate some experienced feed back. Also, should I install new
pop bumper mylars after the overlay installation? Thanks for any help you
can provide. John

--
FunHouse...Cyclone...Eight Ball...Solar Ride...Silverball Mania...Medieval
Madness :)

Most folks simply trim the shooter lane part of the overlay off. You can
stretch it into the grrove but the tension risks it pulling up in time.

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

Thanks for the help guys. I really appreciate it! I'll post some photos when
it's finished. John

--
"Sir Tiltsalot" <detweiler02@msn.com> wrote in message
> I'm installing an overlay on a Bally Eight Ball. The table is sanded and
> ready for Polyurethane. My question is this:
>
> Does the overlay stretch enough to lay down in the ball shooter groove?
> The
> groove in the shooter lane is pretty deep. I thought about filling the
> groove, but then the ball won't center on the shooter plunger. I could
> slit
> the overlay to lay it in the groove, but that would leave a gap. Or do I
> just cut off the wood part of the overlay in the shooter area? I would
> really appreciate some experienced feed back. Also, should I install new
> pop bumper mylars after the overlay installation? Thanks for any help you
> can provide. John
>
> --
> FunHouse...Cyclone...Eight Ball...Solar Ride...Silverball Mania...Medieval
> Madness :)

I'm doing an EBD this weekend. The FabFan overlay doesn't cover the
shooter lane, it blends it in at the top of the upper arch.

bogart
www.pinrestore.com

Cliffy wrote:
> Most folks simply trim the shooter lane part of the overlay off. You can
> stretch it into the grrove but the tension risks it pulling up in time.
>
> Sir Tiltsalot wrote:
>
>> I'm installing an overlay on a Bally Eight Ball. The table is sanded
>> and ready for Polyurethane. My question is this:
>>
>> Does the overlay stretch enough to lay down in the ball shooter
>> groove? The groove in the shooter lane is pretty deep. I thought
>> about filling the groove, but then the ball won't center on the
>> shooter plunger. I could slit the overlay to lay it in the groove,
>> but that would leave a gap. Or do I just cut off the wood part of the
>> overlay in the shooter area? I would really appreciate some
>> experienced feed back. Also, should I install new pop bumper mylars
>> after the overlay installation? Thanks for any help you can provide.
>> John

John,

Cut out the shooter lane and notch an upside down "V" at the top of the
shooter lane groove. This will allow the ball to move gracefully up the
shooter lane. You are asking for trouble trying to lay the overlay down in
the lane.

--

Jesse

E*ght_B*ll_D*luxe, Tw*light_Z*ne, Hi_De*l, Superm*n, Fl*sh_Gord*n, two
Xen*ns

Pinball Magic

Enhancements, Modifications, Parts, Forum, Restoration Info.
www.PinballMagic.com
www.TZmods.com

"Sir Tiltsalot" <detweiler02@msn.com> wrote in message
> I'm installing an overlay on a Bally Eight Ball. The table is sanded and
> ready for Polyurethane. My question is this:
>
> Does the overlay stretch enough to lay down in the ball shooter groove?
> The
> groove in the shooter lane is pretty deep. I thought about filling the
> groove, but then the ball won't center on the shooter plunger. I could
> slit
> the overlay to lay it in the groove, but that would leave a gap. Or do I
> just cut off the wood part of the overlay in the shooter area? I would
> really appreciate some experienced feed back. Also, should I install new
> pop bumper mylars after the overlay installation? Thanks for any help you
> can provide. John
>
> --
> FunHouse...Cyclone...Eight Ball...Solar Ride...Silverball Mania...Medieval
> Madness :)

Thanks Jesse...I'm using your overlay guide, by the way. It's a great help.
Thanks! John

--
"Pinball Magic" <info@pinballmagic.com> wrote in message
> John,
>
> Cut out the shooter lane and notch an upside down "V" at the top of the
> shooter lane groove. This will allow the ball to move gracefully up the
> shooter lane. You are asking for trouble trying to lay the overlay down in
> the lane.
>

> --
>

> Jesse
>
> E*ght_B*ll_D*luxe, Tw*light_Z*ne, Hi_De*l, Superm*n, Fl*sh_Gord*n, two
> Xen*ns
>

> Pinball Magic
>
> Enhancements, Modifications, Parts, Forum, Restoration Info.
> www.PinballMagic.com
> www.TZmods.com
>

> "Sir Tiltsalot" <detweiler02@msn.com> wrote in message
>> I'm installing an overlay on a Bally Eight Ball. The table is sanded and
>> ready for Polyurethane. My question is this:
>>
>> Does the overlay stretch enough to lay down in the ball shooter groove?
>> The
>> groove in the shooter lane is pretty deep. I thought about filling the
>> groove, but then the ball won't center on the shooter plunger. I could
>> slit
>> the overlay to lay it in the groove, but that would leave a gap. Or do I
>> just cut off the wood part of the overlay in the shooter area? I would
>> really appreciate some experienced feed back. Also, should I install new
>> pop bumper mylars after the overlay installation? Thanks for any help
>> you
>> can provide. John
>>
>> --
>> FunHouse...Cyclone...Eight Ball...Solar Ride...Silverball
>> Mania...Medieval
>> Madness :)

Cool! That's why it's there :) Send me some pics when you are finished so I
can put them on the page!