Microsoft Windows Journal Viewer.msi

I attempted to install Adobe Reader 7. Seemed o.k. When I tried to open a
file, it tried to operate a program named "Microsoft Windows Journal
Viewer.msi" Wanted a disk. I then uninstalled Reader 7 and reinstalled
Reader 6. Same problem?

I've done a search for the file *er.msi on both of my computer with no
success.

What's next?

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Chuck Davis wrote:

> I attempted to install Adobe Reader 7. Seemed o.k. When I tried to open a
> file, it tried to operate a program named "Microsoft Windows Journal
> Viewer.msi" Wanted a disk. I then uninstalled Reader 7 and reinstalled
> Reader 6. Same problem?
>
> I've done a search for the file *er.msi on both of my computer with no
> success.
>
> What's next?

Take a look at the Windows Installer Clean up Utility:

Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290301

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Add/remove programs, delete Microsoft Windows Journal Viewer. If you
actually use it then go to windows update and re-download it.

"pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
> Add/remove programs, delete Microsoft Windows Journal Viewer. If you
> actually use it then go to windows update and re-download it.

> "Chuck Davis" <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> wrote in message
>>I attempted to install Adobe Reader 7. Seemed o.k. When I tried to open a
>>file, it tried to operate a program named "Microsoft Windows Journal
>>Viewer.msi" Wanted a disk. I then uninstalled Reader 7 and reinstalled
>>Reader 6. Same problem?
>>
>> I've done a search for the file *er.msi on both of my computer with no
>> success.
>>
>> What's next?

Removing the program solved the problem. Thanks!

You're welcome.