How to reconnect mn500 when cable modem changes

Last response: in Networking
Share
August 12, 2004 10:03:46 AM

My local cable internet provider recently recalled the
modem I was using, original supplied by them (was a
LanCity) and gave me a new modem to use. I brought it
home and simply replaced it in the same place that the
LanCity was, then turned all systems on. (I have one
computer directly connected to base station, one in
another room connected by wireless, and one nearby
connected by a long cable to mn500.) None worked, no
internet detected. When I connect the new modem directly
to the main pc, doing a (for win98SE) winipcfg / release /
renew after turning back on, then the main computer
connects nicely to the internet. When I try to release,
turn powers off, reconnect through mn500, turn on, then
winipcfg gives me a new ip address (sees the base
station), base station management tool is visible, but no
internet connection is detected. Luckily I can go back to
the 1-PC only configuration easily.

Everything worked fine before. Perhaps someone can supply
me with step-by-step? (am I forgetting something?).
August 12, 2004 2:02:33 PM

You may need to sign into the basestation and clone the MAC address of
the computer that can connect using just the modem & computer. If that
doesn't fix it try a 5 second power cycle.

!