P4 2.4Cghz HT CPU

Sin

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2003
IM going to be upgrading from my AMD 2400, to a P4 2.4Cghz HT CPU , new mobo, pc3500, serial hhd on raid 0 ect.. now im wondering if i should get the Tt Xaser-III V1000A case, or maybe just go with a AquariusII Liquid Cooling setup and my old case... seeing as i have only my CPU to cool.. the AquariusII would be perfect i think. plus less noise. also its cheaper then buying a new case. What kinda temp does the p4 2.4 put out ?

10GHZ

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002
i'd probably go for the water cooling setup. the Xase-III weights like a tone. i'd rather buy an Antec LanBoy, really cheap for an Allum case and comes with PSU as well.

what are you goin to do with the 2400?? i'm actually about to buy that CPU, so if you are in my part of the world, consider selling it to me?? :) i'm in australia

xeenrecoil

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2003
heya sin;

The Xaser-III and its older brother the Xaser-II are both excellent cases, you can probably get the Xaser-II cheaper and it has almost the same features, but most importantly is the features on the inside of the case like the hard drive mounting brackets on the floor of the case, the 1234123412 fan placements and insane amount of room inside the case, it is a dream to work with, its the best case you can buy, you will love it, i think it is an excellent and essential piece in building an succesfull computer.

With a case like that you dont need water cooling as the thermal dynamics of the case are damn near perfect, it has scored 10 out of 10 in cooling time after time in review after review.

There is just no substitute for a ThermalTake Xaser Case.

XeeN

lordmaximus

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2003
I would'nt spend money on a water cooling system for a P4, Theres no piont unless you going to overclock?
And then even if you do overclock a good fansink with a
smart controller is good enough, with a standard intel fan
my P4 2.4c runs at a cool 28'c and only goes up to
32'c in a CPU hungry game or benchies. So rather save your
cash and go for a better case or even keep your case and
and go for a nice Gcard

Maximus
Out of the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most. :)

My Rig: P4 2.40C on 875P Mobo , 1GB DDR400 Kingston, Ti 4200 128MB.

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
Watercooling for P4s is totally useless. Excellent aircooling can almost always equal watercooling at a usually significantly lower price. Watercooling does have the benefit of being a bit quieter.

So, either get a good HSF or go straight for vapochill or prometia.

P4 2.4Cs overclocked to 3GHz+ with good aircooling (I'm talking SLK-900U and 92mm fan) usually only gives ~35C idle and 40-45C full load.

...And all the King's horses and all the King's men couldn't put my computer back together again...

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6482578" target="_new">3D Mark2K1 Compare</A>