Closed

ERROR = "Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable"

I keep getting the this error message when my computer tries to access the
desktop.

"X:\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable..."

What's wrong?

Thanks,
McClint
mcclint_downing@yahoo.com
4 answers Last reply
More about error desktop refers location unavailable

    Run these cleaners now:

    Run Ad-Aware SE, Spybot, CWShredder and HijackThis:
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html

    Note: Update the first two programs, once installed, before running.

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "McClint" <vitalpilot@core.com> wrote in message
    >I keep getting the this error message when my computer tries to access the
    > desktop.
    >
    > "X:\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable..."
    >
    > What's wrong?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > McClint
    > mcclint_downing@yahoo.com

  2. Hi,

    I was getting this error too some two or three days ago and after a little google I found the solution of this error at under given blog. check the URL under given;

    http://www.itoperationz.com/2009/08/desktop-refers-to-a-location-that-is-unavailable/

    I hope this will help you guys to resolve your problem.
  3. Its not very Hard to Fix this Problem.
    I had this Error Coming up :

    C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop refers to be unavailable.

    Now to fix.

    Go to that location that refers to be Unavailable.
    In my case its C:\Documents And Settings\ and Go to Your account,
    In my Case : C:\Documents And Settings\Gerrit\

    And Create a new Folder and call it "Desktop" ,

    Now go back to your Desktop.
    And your Icons would be There.
    And the Problem must be Fixed.

    Best Regards, Gerrit

Desktops Microsoft Error Message Windows XP