Closed

ERROR = "Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable"

August 22, 2005 12:35:53 AM

I keep getting the this error message when my computer tries to access the
desktop.

"X:\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable..."

What's wrong?

Thanks,
McClint
mcclint_downing@yahoo.com
August 22, 2005 12:35:54 AM

Run these cleaners now:

Run Ad-Aware SE, Spybot, CWShredder and HijackThis:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html

Note: Update the first two programs, once installed, before running.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"McClint" <vitalpilot@core.com> wrote in message
>I keep getting the this error message when my computer tries to access the
> desktop.
>
> "X:\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable..."
>
> What's wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> McClint
> mcclint_downing@yahoo.com

Related resources
March 4, 2012 10:48:33 AM

Its not very Hard to Fix this Problem.
I had this Error Coming up :

C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop refers to be unavailable.

Now to fix.

Go to that location that refers to be Unavailable.
In my case its C:\Documents And Settings\ and Go to Your account,
In my Case : C:\Documents And Settings\Gerrit\

And Create a new Folder and call it "Desktop" ,

Now go back to your Desktop.
And your Icons would be There.
And the Problem must be Fixed.

Best Regards, Gerrit