Computer Hangs on Windows XP Screen

I have a computer that I recently installed a new mother board into.
Everything was going fine after the installation for like a week until I
decided to reformat. While reformatting I made it through the initial part of
the setup where it reboots the computer. To start the second half of the
installation but upon rebooting The computer hangs on the Windows XP page.
Now every time I try to restart the computer it hangs in the same spot. I
have done some reading around the internet and I think that the problem lies
in my Bios but everything seems fine. I have tried to update the bios but
the computer doesn't have a floppy drive so I was unable to. I have tried the
windows recovery console where I did a fixboot and and a fixmbr.
I have run out to things to try any help would be greatly appreciated.

shirley

"Brilandboy20" <Brilandboy20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a computer that I recently installed a new mother board into.
> Everything was going fine after the installation for like a week until I
> decided to reformat. While reformatting I made it through the initial part
> of
> the setup where it reboots the computer. To start the second half of the
> installation but upon rebooting The computer hangs on the Windows XP page.
> Now every time I try to restart the computer it hangs in the same spot. I
> have done some reading around the internet and I think that the problem
> lies
> in my Bios but everything seems fine. I have tried to update the bios but
> the computer doesn't have a floppy drive so I was unable to. I have tried
> the
> windows recovery console where I did a fixboot and and a fixmbr.
> I have run out to things to try any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just had the same problem....try removing your peripherals (one at a time)
and see what happens. Mine finally booted properly after I removed my
webcam. Bought another webcam and all is fine.
Also, it might be a USB hub problem if you have one of those.
Good luck. I know what you're going through.