HTTP 403 (forbidden)

I keep getting this message om many web pages. It appears to be totally
random and appears on pages that I have viewed many many times, all totally
innocent including the Microsoft Help & Supoprt Pages!!

It doesn't happen if I use another browswer such as Mozilla.

Any ideas? Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about http forbidden

    keredh wrote:

    > I keep getting this message om many web pages. It appears to be
    > totally random and appears on pages that I have viewed many many
    > times, all totally innocent including the Microsoft Help & Supoprt
    > Pages!!
    >
    > It doesn't happen if I use another browswer such as Mozilla.
    >
    > Any ideas? Thanks.

    Have you done any scanning for viruses and malware? If so, please post
    back with details.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    403 Forbidden
    The server understood the request, but is refusing to fulfill it.
    Authorization will not help and the request SHOULD NOT be repeated. If the
    request method was not HEAD and the server wishes to make public why the
    request has not been fulfilled, it SHOULD describe the reason for the refusal
    in the entity. If the server does not wish to make this information available
    to the client, the status code 404 (Not Found) can be used instead.

    **

    So please provide us with some more info like the sites visited which
    refused to be connected to and the whole error displayed on IE. Turn off the
    option "simplified message errors".

    I can't list all of the sites that this happens on, there are too many. But
    one is in fact THIS site! The Windows XP Newsgroup site. I would have thought
    it was pretty safe??

    "ep" wrote:

    > 403 Forbidden
    > The server understood the request, but is refusing to fulfill it.
    > Authorization will not help and the request SHOULD NOT be repeated. If the
    > request method was not HEAD and the server wishes to make public why the
    > request has not been fulfilled, it SHOULD describe the reason for the refusal
    > in the entity. If the server does not wish to make this information available
    > to the client, the status code 404 (Not Found) can be used instead.
    >
    > **
    >
    > So please provide us with some more info like the sites visited which
    > refused to be connected to and the whole error displayed on IE. Turn off the
    > option "simplified message errors".

    I've run Ad aware recently which found about 148 crtitical errors. Deleted
    them all and the problem started. Never had this problem before after running
    Ad aware though.

    "Malke" wrote:

    > keredh wrote:
    >
    > > I keep getting this message om many web pages. It appears to be
    > > totally random and appears on pages that I have viewed many many
    > > times, all totally innocent including the Microsoft Help & Supoprt
    > > Pages!!
    > >
    > > It doesn't happen if I use another browswer such as Mozilla.
    > >
    > > Any ideas? Thanks.
    >
    > Have you done any scanning for viruses and malware? If so, please post
    > back with details.
    >
    > http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Removing_Malware
    >
    > Malke
    > --