Havin more than one user accout....

Hi, I have Windows Xp Pro. Sp2 with Avast 4.6.691 and MS-Anti-Spyware (Beta).
Well, i read somewhere that havin two accouts is a good way for peotection.
Like, i have one as an Admin. and one limited but i use the limited for
surfing the web and i have my Admin. accout loged on but however i turn off
computer at 11:00PM or later.

I use FireFox 1.0.6 and Internet Explorer 6. I have Lavasoft and Spybot 1.4
also installed. i scan every two weeks.

Regard's Joseph
3 answers Last reply
More about havin user accout

    > Well, i read somewhere that havin two accouts is a good way for peotection.

    I have two or more accounts also.
    I use an admin account to surf the web but it's recommanded to use a limited
    account to.
    Why?
    Because if a virus or something evil occurs in the system then it's limited
    and generally the system can't be attacked too much.

    That's the theory!
    It will always possible but harder and harder to jump from the limited
    account to admin account using special programmation technics and weaknesses
    in the system.
    However I surf since years with an up to date antivirus like AVG Pro and a
    spyware killer like microsoft antispyware. This works and they reports no
    threats since monthes now.

    But yes, we have to use limited accounts: I don't do it as as said they are
    limited. You can't install software or do anything usual and I don't want to
    swap from one account to another. I take the risk, make datas backup often
    and I never get any problems. My firewall inside my router helps too!

    Yep, But i use AIM , YIM and MSN on the Limited Accout. So.. i do how ever
    have to log in on Admin. to update my spyware and Avast programs but, i use
    Avast

    Joseph wrote:

    > Hi, I have Windows Xp Pro. Sp2 with Avast 4.6.691 and MS-Anti-Spyware (Beta).
    > Well, i read somewhere that havin two accouts is a good way for peotection.
    > Like, i have one as an Admin. and one limited but i use the limited for
    > surfing the web and i have my Admin. accout loged on but however i turn off
    > computer at 11:00PM or later.
    >
    > I use FireFox 1.0.6 and Internet Explorer 6. I have Lavasoft and Spybot 1.4
    > also installed. i scan every two weeks.
    >
    > Regard's Joseph

    Not sure if there is a question in this. But as an aside the
    administrator level account you use, hopefully that's not the built in
    "Administrator" account. That one should not be used for normal
    activities. Have a second account with administrator privileges and
    then the limited account.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User